Collection lock

Dear all,

When I’m using the Tamino Data Loader, if I open the Tamino Interactive Interface, I can receive the follow response,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <ino:response xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)”>
xql:query(/article)</xql:query>
- <ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8806”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXRE8806”>Collection is currently used by another user</ino:messagetext>
</ino:message>
</ino:response>

My question is, how can I achieve this by Tamino API for Java, so that when my Java program is executing, same result will produce if someone else open Tamino Interactive Interface, or even the application (JSP) generated by X-Application?

I’ve tried the setIsolationLevel / setLockwaitMode, but no luck, can anyone give me some hints? Or just let me know I can’t do that, if in case.

Thank you very much

Best regards,
Lun

Hi Lun,

There are some undocumented internal _admin commands for locking and unlocking the collection that the migration tool makes use of. But the use of these is for internal use only and therefore unsupported. The names of these internal commands may be obvious.

Regardless, for issuing Admin commands with the Tamino API for Java you can use the TAdministrationAccessor interface which was introduced in the latest downloadable version of the API.

Hi Stuart,

So, you mean I can’t do that, right? Because I can’t find something like ino:LockCollection in the _ADMIN session of “Requests using X-Machine Commands”. But if on the contrary I can, can you give me more hints?

Thank you very much

Best regards,
Lun

Hi Lun,

You will not find any documentation for locking and unlocking a collection using admin commands within the documentation because these are internal commands used from the some of the tools such as the migrator. So the official answer would be: you can’t do it. :rolleyes:

Of course I cannot discourage you from experimentation :wink:

Sorry I cannot give you any more hints :frowning:

Best regards, Stuart