Code Migration from DevTestProd

This is with WM 6.0, if the development is done using Adapter service, notifications on DEV box , what is the best way to migrate those services to TEST or PROD?
B’coz the Adapter services and notifications developed on DEV contain the DEV Adapter setting , probably do the same devlopment back on TEST or PROD.

When you migrate Adapter code to different environments,you just need to Edit the JDBC connection settings regarding Test or Prod DB server,port info etc…But the JDBC connection names remains same.

HTH,

It is better to create a stand-alone package per environment that contains the JDBC connection settings. The package will contain the same namespace for the object but the settings themselves will be different.

If you put the settings in the same package that is part of the migration, then you will overwrite the data unless you release a patch that does not contain the JDBC elements.

My experience has been that it is far easier to move the code rather than reset the connection parameters each time.

HTH

Ray

RMG,
Migrating the Adapter code to different environment and EDITING the setting for Adapter setup, will only work for Adapter configuration, I don’t think it will solve the pain to regenerate the Adapter service, notifications back, and it will work only if the Adapter service and notification depend only on Adapter Connection Name.

Ray,
If i understand you better than make a seperate package for different environment and do the same “development” more than once.

Note: The NDF file consist of tag some thing like below, i think which have all the information encoded into.

<value>1</value>
<value>CwQAAAABBQEEGQBjAG8AbQAuAHcAbQAuAGQAYQB0AGEALgBJAFMATQBlAG0ARABhAHQAYQBJAG0AcABsBBIAdA</value>

The JDBC Adapter connection settings/namespaces will be stored in a package as Ray mentioned,i believe you are following the same thing.
And I might have misunderstood your question,so i gave that response.

Regards,

Another alternative is to move the JDBC connection into environment during initial deployment then later on deployment won’t include that package for deployment. Or you can use the new 6.0.3 Feature PAck 1 to replace the schema by running a service during the deployment.

The webMethods Deployer may be able to help here. It can be found in the 6.x Installer Component Selection panel under the “Administration” heading.

Dave