Catching the errors and logging it into DB

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where in i have to log the possible errors into the DB.These are the possible errors i have to handle:
1.Recognition
2.Verification
3.Persistence
4.Compliance check
5.Persistence

I mean i have to log all the possible kinds of errors into our DB.
I was looking to the bizdoc variable where there is an Errors document type from which i can trace these errors and i tried to give a wrong version of X12 which has’nt been installed in the IS,but this Errors variable under bizdoc does’nt catch these errors.
Can anyone tell me how to proceed with this?

ramesh.

Hi Guys,

when i tried to use ConvertToValues service and set validate to true and tried removing the ST segment from the EDI string,but it still does’nt throw the exception.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me on this issue.

ramesh.

How come if you removed ST segment the convertToValues parsing works?In general why you want to do this kind of validation.Actually validate to true checks for codelist check,compliance check,length check etc…

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

These are the possible errors i have to handle:
1.Recognition
2.Verification
3.Persistence
4.Compliance check
5.Persistence

I mean i have to log all the possible kinds of errors into our DB.
for the above errors to check,what services are available?
ramesh

Ramesh,

Recognition,ComplianceCheck,Persistance these all checks will be in done TN itself and verification(X12 validation against Schema using convertToValues(errorArray).So log these kind of errors from the TN Activity log based on the error dump it throws during the processing and log the errors to DB.

Just some thoughts,