Can't see password when using wm.tn.profile:getProfile

Hello all,

we are installing a second instance of Integration server 10.15. (The first one was previously configured and work well and the level of fix are the same). All JDBC Pools are same on both instance and MWS has been configured (Integration server, TN server etc…) but in the second instance the password is not retrieve when using the wm.tn.profile:getProfile to get the detail of our TN partner (which is configured with a delivery method). All other details are retrieved except the password.
Please somebody can help us ?
Best regards

Hi Jean-Francois,

how was the data set up for the TN Profiles for the second instance?

Usually, two IS/TN instances should not use (share) the same database schema, except they are configured to form a cluster.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,
Thank you for your answer.
We are using the same database schema for the second instance.
In that configuration, TN servers don’t work in a Load Balancing mode ? Even if the architecture is not really good, I don’t understand why others informations (all delivery detail : host, username, id etc…) are retrieved except the password.
Do you think that the connection on the same database would be the cause of that issue?
Regards,
Jean-François

Hi Jean-Francois,

partially.
I am not quite sure about that, but it might be that there is only a password handle stored in the database pointing a password storage file. This password stroage file is different for each IS.
In this case the same handle on the second instance does not have a target in the storage to retrieve the password from.

Regards,
Holger

Ah OK, thank you for the precision. I got a feed back from software AG, it seems that you are right concerning the storage file. we try to find a solution to by pass that behaviour.
I get back to you if i have more.
Regards,
Jean-François

Hi Holger,
We found a solution by forcing the password into the MWS-UI and selecting the second instance. It seems to work in load balancing.
Than you for your time.
Best Regards,
Jean-François

1 Like