Cannot initialize MWS, invalid database schema is specified

We are receiving the following errors every 10 seconds in server.log, have been unable to track down where it could possibly be coming from. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated?

2019-04-17 10:58:23 CDT [ISS.0095.0013I] Audit Logging initialized.
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [ISS.0033.0168C] Cluster Node Name: xxx.yyyy.zzzz.
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Initializing component: com.webMethods.rtl.util.xml.XMLUtil
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Loading phase: [phaseID, phaseName] [miePhaseTwo, miePhaseTwo]
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Initializing components of: miePhaseTwo
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Initializing component: com.webMethods.portal.service.sql.core.ConnectionManager
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] No registered exception delegate
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] webMethods Integration Server Shutting down…
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] StackTrace for shutdown - this is an expect info message only :
java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1556)
com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.shutdown(PortalSystem.java:959)
com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.main(PortalSystem.java:879)
com.webMethods.sc.mws.MWSLibrary.init(MWSLibrary.java:271)
com.wm.app.b2b.server.cds.CDSUserManager.initialize(CDSUserManager.java:187)
com.wm.app.b2b.server.UserManager.jndiInit(UserManager.java:589)
com.wm.app.b2b.server.UserManager.init(UserManager.java:520)
com.wm.app.b2b.server.Server.run(Server.java:515)

2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [CommonLib.MWS.0002I] Stopped sending JDK log messages to Log4j
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [ISS.0024.0010C] Central User Manager initialization failed with error : [POP.004.0201] Cannot initialize MWS, invalid database schema is specified
2019-04-17 10:58:24 CDT [ISS.0024.0001E] Could not initialize User Manager.

Hi Patrick,

looks like you have configured the Central Users Pool in IS for using Central User Management, but did not start the MWS before starting IS.

MWS needs to be started once using this MWS database schema to initializie its default user, groups and roles.
After this initialization is completed, restart your IS and the Central Users feature will be enabled in IS.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks, we tried that and still did not work, are you aware of a way we can review the MWS database to make sure everything was initialized correctly ( default user, groups and roles).

Also, we can’t find where the 10 second check is coming from, any thoughts on that?

To set or modify external database connections, use the mws.db.xml file, which you can find at this
Software AG_directory\MWS\server\serverName \config
You need to specify the following values:
Element Value
The URL to the database server
The database user name
The password of the database user
After you save and close the ms.db.xml file, start My webMethods Server.

Configuring Whether Diagnostics Are Executed at Startup
By default at startup, My webMethods Server performs the following diagnostic actions:
Determines the fixes that have been applied to My webMethods Server
Executes the dbintegritycheck tool that searches for potential database errors
You can prevent My webMethods Server from performing one or both of
these diagnostic actions by updating the phaseProvider.xml configuration file.
The phaseProvider.xml configuration file is located in the database or under
My webMethods Server_directory\server\serverName \config.

Preventing My webMethods Server from Executing dbintegritycheck at Startup
The My webMethods Server automatically executes the dbintegritycheck tool at startup
and logs the results to the full.log file. The dbintegritycheck tool reviews the dynamic
business objects (DBOs) deployed to My webMethods Server to search for potential
errors that might have occurred if a DBO was installed or upgraded incorrectly.
Although it is recommended that you keep this action enabled, you can prevent My
webMethods Server from executing dbintegritycheck at startup. To do so, edit the
startupDiagnostics section of the phaseProvider.xml configuration file as shown
below.

Is your MWS started and accessible?
Can you login to it with Administrator/manage?

Regards,

If so, this indicates that the MWS schema was initialized correctly.
If not, check the MWS logs for error during startup.

Both, MWS and IS, have to point to the same database schema for enabling Central User Management in IS successfully.

Regards,
Holger