Cannot Edit Data Mapping in Process Development

Using Designer 8.2 in Process Development perspective, I am unable to use the Edit Data Mapping functionality
for a process step that executes a Service Task that calls and existing IS service.
When selecting the “Edit Data Mapping” option for the step, I get (after a rather long period the Designer is unresponsive) a “null” error. See attached screenshot.

The error seems to refer to the generated IS service for the step, which does not exist as the
process is not built and uploaded to the process engine yet.
is it necessary to build and upload the process for execution before editing the data mapping?

Any help / insight would be greatly appreciated.

Francesco

The issue was caused by the fact that installation was incomplete. Solved now.

Regards,
Francesco

Hi All,

I am using wM 9.7 via designer 9.7

I am getting an almost similar error hence writing on this thread. I am creating a process model and have added a service task and assigned a backend service to execute for the step execution. On input/output step for editing the data mapping, i get the below error. But in place of null like the above user, i get the error message as “Error connecting to integration server”. The tab which shows this error is headlined as “Error Opening Mapping Service”

Can some one pls guide me here to resolve this so that i can complete the process build and upload for execution.

Regards,
Kushal

Hi,

I tried to remove the service steps and have just 2 steps in the process model now…i.e start event via broker message and terminate step to show process completion. Now, when i tried to upload the process model for execution, i receive the below error showing designer cannot connect to IS.

Error: Unable to connect to the Integration Server: “XXXX_IT”. Please make sure this server connection information is current, and the server is running.

I am able to connect to the IS from navigation and checked the password and other details in the windows->SoftwareAG->Integration servers where I have the list of ISs i am connected to. very strange that there it shows connected…what am I missing here…??

Regards,
Kushal

Hi Kushal,

you have to define a remote Server alias in your IS under Settings → Remote Servers.

After that you will have to connect the logical server alias in the WmDesigner package to this remote server alias.

In Designer, under Preferences → Software AG → Process Development make sure that the DB configuration is set to “Use IS Settings”, select the correct instance and test it to make sure that the connectivity is working.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I already have this setup in place and the process audit database is already configured to the IS instance. I have tested the connection and it says “Test of Process Audit database pool successful”

I hope you are referring to the same setup.

Regards,
Kushal

Also, I did not see this option i.e “Use IS Settings” while I configured the process audit database. Is it due to using a different designer instance?..just speculating…!!

regards,
Kushal
Doc1.docx (28.7 KB)

Hi Kushal,

yes this was the point I was referring to.

The Setting for the audit database is under Preferences → Software AG → Process Development → Process Audit Database.
It is labeled “Use Integration Server JDBC pool parameters”.
Here you can select one of the configured IntegrationServers.
The name of the IntegratrionServer needs to match the logical Server which is cofigured in WmDesigner package.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Yes Holger,

The last point you gave helped to solve the issue i.e “The name of the Integration Server needs to match the logical Server which is configured in WmDesigner package”

I updated the integration server name in designer and it worked :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot…!!!

Regards,
Kushal