Cannot Deploy Our Own Controls

We have created some new controls of our own which we are using on our Page Layouts. But when we come to deploy the application the new controls do not get deployed and so do not work. We have read through the Application Designer Configuration guide but cannot work out what changes we need to make to our wardeploy.ant file so that NaturalOne will incude our controls in the war file. Can anyone help?

Hi Matt,

what kind of control did you create?
I guess it is a control you would like to add to a NATPAGE (= Natural Adapter) not to a PAGE ( = Java Adapter )?

If yes: Is it simple Java Scripting or did you try to do any Data Binding to Natural Code for this?
If I understand you right then the controls worked in the development environment, it’s just when you deploy it to a different server. Is my understanding correct?

Best Regards,
Christine

Hi Christine,

The controls are for a NATPAGE and they are Data Binding to Natural Code. The controls work fine in the Development Environment but when we try to deploy to our ‘test’ environment, which is on a different server, the controls do not get built properly in the deployment.

Best Regards,
Matt

Hi Christine,

We have managed to do what we want. What we have done is made a copy of the C:\SoftwareAG\naturalone\njx\njx82.war, extracted the contents, add our new controls to the appropriate folders and then rezip to make a new Application WAR file which we then use when we create our wardeploy.xml Ant file. Once this has been run and the .war file is created and deployed everything worked on our new server.

Regards
Matt