can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Hi ,
Our database is on Oracle 10g and we are using wm 7.1.2 and JDBC Adapter.
We are getting the following error “ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column”.
The data is good and when we have resubmitted the same data with out any changes we are able to insert it successfully.
We are inserting the following 4 (sequence,PropertyName,PropertyValue,LargeString Value )fields.
2009-10-05 14:15:55 EDT [ISP.0090.0004C] Sequence(Varchar2): – 1824228
2009-10-05 14:15:55 EDT [ISP.0090.0004C] PropertName(Varchar2): : – CommonServices…Documents.InboundService.docType:GetJobSoapIn
2009-10-05 14:15:55 EDT [ISP.0090.0004C] PropertyValue(Varchar2): : – REQUEST
2009-10-05 14:15:55 EDT [ISP.0090.0004C] LargeStringValue(CLOB): – “In this field(Larger String value) we are inserting soap message.”

Pasted below are the error details:

Error while trying to insert data in the INTERFACE__MSGS table
[SIZE=2]2009-10-05 14:15:54 EDT [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement “INSERT INTO INTERFACE_MSGS(PARENT_SEQUENCE_NO, NAME, SMALL_STRING_VALUE, LARGE_STRING_VALUE, SOURCE, TARGET) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)”. "
[SIZE=2]FONT=Arial ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
[/size]
"
ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
2009-10-05 14:15:55 EDT [ART.0114.1007E] Adapter Runtime: Error Logged. See Error log for details. Error: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service Utilities.LogUtilities.Services.Adapter:insertWMLogMsgData.
[ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement “INSERT INTO INTERFACE_MSGS(PARENT_SEQUENCE_NO, NAME, SMALL_STRING_VALUE, LARGE_STRING_VALUE, SOURCE, TARGET) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)”. "
FONT=Arial ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column[/font]
"
ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Thanks for your help,

~Ganesh
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I have also faced this issue when i was using InsertAdapter service to insert CLOB data.

Finally we moved CLOB filed into last row of the insert adapter service, then no issues.

Can you check that?

Hope this Helps

ArulChristhuRaj

Thanks for your reply arulArulChristhuRaj ,

we found the root cause of the issue,After our database upgrade we did not update the jar file.

There are no issues after installing the correct jar file.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Which Jar File you installed it will help every body to understand

We had to replace the old ojdbc14 jar file with the updated database version of ojdbc14 jar file.

Hi Ganesh

I just want to confirm with you.

I need to find the ojdbc14 jar file in oracle Installation directory and catch this file to replace the old jar file in IS folder then restrat the IS server,Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

you should update the jar file to ojdbc5.jar available from OTN.

You can use the Oracle 11g (11.2.0.4) version even with an Oracle 10g database.

The Oracle 12c driver version no longer provides an ojdbc5.jar.

As long as you are not using WmDB package but WmJDBCAdapter it is sufficient to place the jar under IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars and reload the package.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for your reply.

As you said,I just need to put ojdbc5.jar under IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars and reload the package. And where I can get the ojdbc5.jar file ? download from website?

And I check the database I using is Oracle 10g and I’m not using WmDB package just using WmJDBCAdapter.

Actually I found the error that is like below message for your reference.

wm.tn.doc:persist com.wm.app.b2b.server.InternalResourceException: Couldnt insert new document (0) java.sql.SQLException: [sag-cjdbc42-0011][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column (1) java.sql.SQLException: [sag-cjdbc42-0011][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

I have taken two days to find the root reason but didn’t work,I’m not sure whether oracle database driver have error.

Thanks!

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

for the error message “sag-cjdbc42-00112”:
This ist not related to Oracle driver but DataDirect product used by webMethods internally.
This one is located under common/lib/ext/sl53_cj42.jar.

Please apply latest SCG_DataDirect_42-Fix for your IS version.

You can donwload ojdbc5.jar from Oracle TechNet (OTN) here:

Free registration required.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger

The detail error message is sag-cjdbc42-0011 and I didn’t catch the exception before.

Due to the server is customer prod environment,I’m not sure whether the SCG_DataDirect_42-Fix can solve the problem and lead to other issue.

For this exception,have you met before and could you make sure the root reason.

And whether I need to replace the ojdbc5.jar under IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars.

Thanks!

Mandy