CAF project deployment query

Hello fellow developers,

I have a query regarding the deployment of the CAF portlet project. I have my back end code in the IS.
If i move my code to a clustered environment, we have a load balancing URL say something like “prod.b2b.myapp.com”.

Should we explicitly configure the end point URL for the project or is the MWS accessing the IS based on the availability of the IS ?

Has anyone implemented with this type of set up ?

br,
Kiran

Hi Kiran,

which components are to be clustered?
I? MWS? Both?

If IS is to be clustered point the CAF ApplicationRuntime Configuration to the load-balanced Url instead of the direct URL to one of the IS.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger ,

I.m wM 9.5 and we have both IS and MWS in cluster.
Im using basic authentication method and if check the Runtime Configuration the end address URL is empty.
So was wondering if give the LB URL then it should work.

thanks for your quick reply.

br,
Kiran

Hi Kiran,

in this case you should provide the appropriate LB URL for the configurations:

• SAML Resolver in IS
  • WmMonitor config
  • TaskClient config
  • MWS frontend URL

Hopefully you have followed the Clustering Guides and/or the respective sections in the Administration Guides.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for pointing it out.
I have not configured the SAML resolver in IS. But if im not wrong SAML token will be used only when we use Hybrid authentication method right ?

And about the

• WmMonitor config
  • TaskClient config

I have not done anything over there for thr CAF project ! Is it mentioned in the guide !

Sorry for asking an elaborate answer.

The Clustering part is taken care as per the administration guide.

br,
Kiran

Hi Kiran,

Monitor is using SAML internally for certain features, therefore the SAML Resolver should always be set to the right address.

Just wanted to point out some locations where MWS Url is referenced in IS.

As long as Tasks are not used there is no need to configure TaskClient.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like