build fails because of "Unsupported major.minor version"

Hi all,
after setting up a new work environment I get a strange error message when attempting to ++Activate-Handset:

BUILD FAILED

C:\wMMobileDesigner\Devices\Android\HTC\G1.xml:52: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\wMMobileDesigner\Tools\Build\BuildScript\v1.0.0\scripts.xml:222: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/softwareag/mobile/functiondemo/ResHandler : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Does anyone know what this is referring to?

Btw, Environment variable PATH is set to
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_32\bin;
C:\Program Files\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0.5\bin;
and project’s JRE is set to jre6.

This happens for different projects and different target platforms equally.

Thanks for any ideas,
David

Hi David,

That error usually occurs from Java when code is compiled with one SDK target and then run on an earlier one. You don’t have some other JDK lurking around in your PATH that’s taking precedence or something, do you? I have a variety of 1.6 JDKs installed here and they’ve not resulted in this problem occurring,

Nick.

Hi Nick,
I had indeed installed some different JDK versions, but could not find any irregularities in the settings about that.

However, since today’s automatic update I can’t reproduce the error any more, everything is working as usual again. So even if these two events are not connected, for some reason everything does work again (I haven’t changed any settings or properties since).

Many Thanks for your help and your efforts,
David