argbatch (localhost not registed) ?

Hello!

I tried to set environment variables in properly way, so I executed the following command:

argbatch set product=Tamino

Unfortunately, I got the following error:

---------------------------------------
Command started at: 2003-02-04 12:05:38

Target localhost is unknown (localhost possibly not registered as IP Address in hostlist)!

Error on read: (ARG0115) Host has closed connection

Command ended at: 2003-02-04 12:05:39
---------------------------------------

So, here are my questions:
1. Why is the target ‘localhost’ unknown?
2. How can I register as IP address?
3. What is the hostlist?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

best regards,
Dariusz Baumann

Hello,

the hostlist.xml is maintained by the System Management Hub. The host name that is displayed there in the upper left frame is the name that has to be used for argbatch, too. Note that no DNS is asked to resolve the host.

Hope this helps.

hello dariusz,

please check your file hostlist.xml.
in it you will find the correct name of you localhost.
even though “localhost” and “127.0.0.1” may resolve to the same host, argbatch will only accept the hostname that has been defined in the system management hub (and that is entered in the above hostlist.xml).

regards,
andreas f.

When System Management Hub (SMH) is installed as part of the Tamino installation it adds the local host name to the hostlist of hosts managed by SMH. This hostname is not “localhost” but the name of FQDN of the local host, e.g. yourpc.yourdomain.com.

The hostlist information is stored in an XML file under x:\program files\software ag\system management hub\files\xml called hostlist.xml, but it is not recommended to edit this file directly.

When you go into SMH via the web interface (http://localhost:9991) you can add additional hosts by selecting the “Managed Hosts” node and click the “Add Host” button. You can either specify the name of the node or its IP address.

Hope this helps,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.