Archiving IS Core and Process Audit Log in IS 6.5 SP3

Guyz,

I have installed the Archive component of the IS Core and Process Audit database (Audit_Archive) in MSSQL 2000 with IS 6.5 SP3. I was going through the tables and found that there are no tables starting with “ARCHIVE_” and the database structure is same as that of the AUDIT Database (Audit). I have 2 Questions now,

1.When we run the stored procedures mentioned in the guide “webMethods_Database_Guide_6_5_and_6_5_1.pdf”, where does this archive data go to? i mean, which tables does this archived data go to (since there are no tables starting with “Archive_”)?

1. Should we install the Archive database component also in the same database schema as that of Audit database? So that we can run this stored procedures from the Audit database itself, instead of from the Archive database.

Thanks,
Akshith

there are two options… Either u can directly delete the records from the audit and prt tables. Or you can archive them into the archiving tables and then delete from the archive table.

We have been successfully deleting the records tables without archiving it. But our archving service only runs successfully if MWS is successfully configured with IS using wMcomaouth package. Initially we ran into lot of problems using archving service and got issues with roles and permission of the schema user and issues with MWS. For e.g if we change the admin password for IS and does not update the new password in the wMMonitor package or in MWS the archiving does not work.

In case you want to archive the PRT and audit data and then delete it, you need to create archving table into another schema. webMethods_Monitor_User’s_Guide guide would give you some good pointers about the archiving.

Most of the time archiving does not work because of the insufficient grants to the archiving user. Try running the stored procedure directly from the database and see what happens.

Jiten,

Thanks for the reply. Actually,

1.There are no Archive_ tables from 6.5 onwards and the archiving component will have the same DB structure as that of the source IS Core audit and source Process audit tables.

1. We should install the archiving component in a separate schema (Database for a MSSQL server) other than the source database and run the stored procedures from this target database (make sure the user that you run with has select, update and delete privileges on the source and target databases).

Cheers,
Akshith

i am not sure which IS version you are running, but even for 6.5 archiving compoents have same DB structure as that of IS core audit and PRT tables.

you are right that we need to create archving tables in another schema or in another DB.

Jiten

Yes. But incase you are interested in “DELETE” the data rather than “ARCHIVE”, in that case only need one schema.
I have used the single schema approach extensively.
So incase you have 500+ integration servers you dont need to have 1000+ schemas, just need 500 schemas :slight_smile:

Thanks
Dev

you have to create one more schema for archive just like ISCore audit…the only difference is the schema name, the remaining properties are all same…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.