API Gateway ERROR updating API

Hi All,

We just installed Fix 17 in the API gateway. After the fix, We tried editing an existing API but when we try to save the API there is an error that keeps occurring. “Unable to process the PUT request for apis. An error occurred while processing the payload. Error message: null”.

API Gateway version: 10.1

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Can you please provide us the exported API archive?

Thanks,
Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Sorry, I’m not sure if I am allowed to. But I did some checking on what might be the cause of the error, I found that the scope policies attached to the current API is causing the error. Does this mean that in the old fix that we have and the new Fix we implemented has a mismatch of PUT payload for the scope to update the API?

The only solution that I did was to delete all the scope policies that was implemented and recreate them, and the error was no longer there when saving the Changes in the API.

Hi Mark,

Glad to know that the problem is solved.

Can you tell us the scope policies attached to the API to reproduce this issue?

Thanks,
Mohammed

We had an API that contains 3 scopes, 2 of them is not tied to any resource/method, only 1 is tied to a resource. I had to delete all the scopes that the API contain and recreate just the 1 that is tied to a resource. It seems that the scopes with no tied resources/method is causing the error after the fix was installed