Allow to plot other datatypes on X Axis other than timeseries

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

latest

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

yes

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

I want to plot integer values on datapoint charts as it is one of the features requested by customer.
But as of now there is no option to configure any other variables pertaining any other datatypes than timestamp.

I request you to extend support or show other possible alternative if requirement can be fulfilled.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Not sure what you mean by ‘datapoint charts’
Can you elaborate?

It’s not a chart issue, it’s a data model issue. If you use any data point widget which is based on measurements you always have two dimensions which is typical for timeseries data:

1. the numeric value (y-axis)
  2. the time the numeric value occurs (x-axis)

Having the x-axis used for time using measurements is totally fine in default widgets in my perspective. If you have any other data model beside measurements or you want to ignore the time dimension and correlate two measurement values you can visualize data with a custom widget e.g. scatter charts etc.

If this still doesn’t fit to your need you can extend it because it is open-source and can be adapted if needed.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.