Administer multiple realm servers from UM's enterprise manager console

Hello All,

I have two UM servers running on the same host machine and I’m using the trial version 9.12 provided by SoftwareAG.

I have a problem connecting to multiple realm servers via EM console.

Is there a file which has to be modified so that i can administer two realm servers?

I’m unable to add another realm server from the EM console. If it possible to add new realm server via EM console to administer , If yes can someone explain me how can it be done.

Note: I was reading the documentation and it was mentioned that realms.cfg file is created in the home directory.
However i don’t find any file with that name in the UM home directory.

Thanks in advance.

Arun Cholleit

Are the realm names the same? By default, it’s “umserver”.

1 Like

If all the realm servers are of default name “umserver” , you can connect to only one server named “umserver”. Rename/create another instance with different name then try to connect.

In order to save the realms.cfg , click on file -->save as option from the enterprise manager.

Hi Arun,

Agree with Rakesh, if it carries the same name, you won’t be able to have two entries.
And for the cfg file, in my local setup, I see the file present in the below location.
C:\Users\User\realms.cfg
And the content is

#Universal Messaging Enterprise Manager - Connection Configuration
#Sun Nov 27 14:56:04 AST 2016
nsp://localhost:9000=umserver

Are you able to resolve this / Still you are facing the same issue?

Hey Bari,

Thanks a lot for your response.

yes, my two realm servers name are same . So in this case , is it possible to change my realm name for the 2nd installation or do i need to re-install specifying different name ?

[i]Note: I have not used instance manager here to create UM instances, instead i have installed UM server via installer in two diffferent directories with same name[/i]

Thanks for responding.

yes sir, they are both same. Is it possible to change the name now?

Regards,
Arun Chollety.

I assume ninstancemanager.sh/bat file might not let to you update the instance name (check the script if it supports update) else you have to delete the instance and create it again. The same can be done via Command Central.

To delete the instance

ninstancemanager delete umserver em

Also u can use command prompt to create a new realm instance by using the below commands…

ninstancemanager.bat delete umserver all

ninstancemanager.bat create um98serv02 RS 0.0.0.0 9002
ninstancemanager.bat create um98serv02 RS 0.0.0.0 8005

Thanks,
Krish