Adabas 3.3.1 on winxp(pro)

How do I get around this following error? Should I cut down on maxisn. Error message explanation tells you to add more containers to associator/data, which I did, but still getting the some erro.
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:49 pm Post subject: Adabas 3.3.1 on winxp(pro)

I am trying to create a new file on adabas 3.3.1 on windows xp, i m getting this message despite adding new containers for associater and data, any clue??
%ADAFDU-I-STARTED, 25-MAY-2006 11:38:57, Version 3.3.1.07 (Windows)

%ADAFDU-I-DBON, database 12 accessed online
%ADAFDU-E-ADA077, * ASSO/DATA storage exhausted
%ADAFDU-I-IOCNT, 53 IOs on dataset FDUFDT
%ADAFDU-I-ABORTED, 25-MAY-2006 11:38:58, elapsed time: 00:00:01

Decreasing MAXISN doesn’t make much sense if you will add close to that number of records.

What are your FDU parms ?

Based on these parms and the FDT Adabas will calculate the required DS and ASSO space, which may be too much if the average recod size is way below the maximum, in that case you can specify the DSSIZE et al parameters.

Do you have input data created by ADACMP ?

Here are my fdu parms

dbid=12
file=14
name=ASHARAH
ACBLOCKSIZE=8K
ASSOPFAC=5
CONTIGUOUS=(AC,DS,NI,UI)
DATAPFAC=5
DSBLOCKSIZE=8K
DSSIZE=50M
NIBLOCKSIZE=8K
NISIZE=20M
REUSE=(DS,ISN)
UIBLOCKSIZE=8K
UISIZE=5M
ACRABN=
DSRABN=
MAXISN=400
NIRABN=
UIRABN=
erase
no i dont have input data created yet.

tia

o.k., so you explicitely request a data storage size of 50MB, and an associator size of 20+5MB, which is way too much for MAXISN 400.

Do you have that much space available on the database ?

The other problem could be that you are specifying xxBLOCKSIZE=8K, did you define tha data / asso / work containers with a sufficient blocksize ?

To find out, if you have enough space on the Database please do an adarep … free_space