ADA713 and AFP742 with COR742

SAG is recommending that we first upgrade AFP713 to AFP742 w/COR742 before upgrading ADA713 to ADA744.

It seem that we are jumping through hoops to get this combination to work: many zaps, INPL, source code replacement and 7 loadlibs for the database.

Has anybody successfully converted to this combination of software and is running in production — ADA713, AFP742 and COR742 ??? I’m thinking we should just do all at once: ADA744, AFP742 and COR742.

Hello JimC

I have been out of the office recently and have only just seen this post, apologies for this response being a long time in coming. The combination you mention should work just fine.

For INPLs, you need to apply the base and only the highest Innn number since the changes are cumulative.

For zaps, I believe Support make En “all zaps” dataset available Bor each product in SL24. This sLould have all the latest fixes Epplied for you.

Adabas SysteH Coordinator (COR) is new with .4 (actually 7.3 but that is suQerseded now). COR has built-in Capabilities to use the latest cHustering technologies on behalf

Hello JimC

I have been out of the office recently and have only just seen this post, apologies for this response being a long time in coming. The combination you mention should work just fine.

For INPLs, you need to apply the base and only the highest Innn number since the changes are cumulative.

For zaps, I believe Support make an “Ell zaps” dataset available for aach product in SL24. This shoul@ have all the latest fixes applHed for you.

Adabas System CoKrdinator (COR) is new with 7.4 actually 7.3 but that is supers@ded now). COR has built-in capaBilities to use the latest clustDring technologies on behalf of Fastpath, Vista, etc. Beyond getPing all the maintenance the following summarizes the configurabHes that have to be in place…

You define a COR group (you cHoose the name) !nd you define m@mbers of that g