Abt webMethods username and password

hi,

i want to know where the usernames and passwords of webMethods componets are saved ?

Why? Can you expand on your question?

Dear mcarison,

The username and password entered by users in the webMethods developer , administrator and in remaining components is saved somewhere. I just wanted to know where it gets saved?

Regards,
Sunil

users.cnf

Dear Reamon,
Thanks…
I wanted to know where the passwords gets saved.
users.cnf shows the users not the passwords.

Regards,
Sunil

users.cnf holds the passwords. They are encrypted.

Dear reamon,

how to decrypt that passwords?

Regards
Sunil

You can’t, really. Which is kind of the point.

Use IS administrator to change the password of a user if the password has been forgotten.

What is driving the desire to recover the passwords?

hi,

We are facing some problem with Administrator privileges.

We are using username/ pwd as Administrator/manage, but now we are unable to open the Integration Server and even the Developer by using the above credetials.

So pls let us know how to get the username and password
or else
pls let us know some other alternate username and password to open the IS home page and developer.

pls take it high priority as there are 200 integration existing in the IS.

Pls kindly help us.

Did someone change the password? Which they probably should have as keeping the default password of “manage” is not secure.

If there is another user with administrator privileges, log on with those credentials and change the Administrator user password.

Another approach of last resort, is to copy the users.cnf file to a backup directory. Stop IS. Delete the users.cnf file. Restart IS. That will cause IS to recreate the file with the default user accounts and passwords. This will cause all your user accounts to disappear, however, and you’ll need to recreate them to restore service.

If there is not, contact wM tech support. They may be able to help recover things.

Ya it got worked
thanks for ur reply

Regards,
Sunil

For future reference, always remember, you can use the default “dev” a/c to manipulate users/passwords;

That’s why, it is a security best practice to change all default user passwords - incl Administrator, dev etc.; (better still to disable default a/c’s and create new ones)

thanks it got worked