9.7 Integration Server connects to SQL Server 2000 DB

Hello,

I have a legacy application running on SQL Server 2000. webMethods platform recently upgrades from 8.2.2 to 9.7. The issue I have is to configure 9.7 IS talks to SQL Server 2000. The JDBC connection works well in 8.2.2, however when enabling it in 9.7, I got the following error. All settings are same in 8.2.2 and 9.7. Both environments are using JDBC Adapter 6.5 and sharing same SQL Server driver. I take a look at the 9.7 System Requirements. 9.7 does not support SQL Server 2000. Is there a way to make this work? There is no way to upgrade the legacy application to new version as it’s going to be decommissioned.

Here is the error message.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.205] Cannot retrieve the metadata. "
(S00010/195) ‘SCHEMA_NAME’ is not a recognized function name."
‘SCHEMA_NAME’ is not a recognized function name.

Thanks
Marvin

According to the Adapter System Requirement’s Guide, when using IS v9.7, with JDBC Adapter, it only supports SQL 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, and SQL 2012.

More questions?

Better reach SAG to get scalable solution for your need.

Thanks,

Hi Marvin,

can you try the latest MS SQL Driver from Microsoft?

Eventually this is just a compatiblity issue betwenn JDBC Adapter and driver.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Marvin,

Did you find any thing for this, We are also facing same issue

Sai

Mostly likely you need to get confirmation from SAG tech support if IS9.7 supports SQL Server 2000 DB with back ward compatibility and best bet is you may have to upgrade your legacy DB server connection to the supported platform!

HTH,
RMG