[7.1.1] Cleaning a testing environment

Hi dear members,

I have a little request. We have a test environment with 7.1.1 wm components. We have one process that mix human/automatic tasks in a process. We had also enabled Optimize and every audit parameters.

Our need is very simple : we want to erase every Tasks and Process Instance in this environment. By performing this action we want also in MWS > Administration > Business > Business Process that Used value are set as “No” (for deleting old process version).

Maybe can we recreate some database components with the "Database Component Configurator? But in this case I don’t know which of them to “recreate”.

Our constraint is : keeping IS/MWS configuration.

Many thanks for your help ! :slight_smile:

REM Database : SQL Server 2005

Personally I’d use something like VMWare for a complete environment reset, unless you need to test the hardware as well. This is quick and reliable for testing scenarios from a known start point.

You could recreate some of the schema which would also remove the process/task definitions as well as instances - sorry, I don’t know the specific schema component names off-hand.

If you need a quick reset of just the instances, you can always delete the content of the instance tables. It’s not a supported way but might be OK for a test environment that would be rebuilt later. Alternatively, use the data purge (although I think that might leave ‘today’ intact).

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your information.
Yes Cleaning the environnement is possible by using the Database Configurator and “recreate” some schemes.

I did it … but it cleans everything ! :slight_smile:

Well it seems that we have another possibility. I copy/Paste something here but for the moment I don’t test it :

Go to DB tables WMGENERATIONRECEIPT, WMPROCESS, WMPROCESSRECENT, WMSTEPDEFINITION, WMSTEPTRANSITIONDEFINTION and delete process instances.

First Search the PROCESS_NAME with

select * from WMGENERATIONRECEIPT
Have a look on your DATA, in production please make a backup of them

select * from WMGENERATIONRECEIPT where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’
select * from WMPROCESS where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’
select * from WMPROCESSRECENT where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’
select * from WMSTEPDEFINITION where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’
select * from WMSTEPTRANSITIONDEFINITION where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’
Delete what you need in this sequence

– Erase Live DATA
delete from WMPROCESS where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’
delete from WMPROCESSRECENT where PROCESSKEY = ‘PROCESS_NAME’