6.0.1 to 6.5 Upgrade.

Hi…
These issues are faced when the upgradation happened from 6.0.1 to 6.5.

Ø Admin Console access is slow.Error logs display through wM monitor is very slow.
Ø Developer client and TN console loosing connection to IS very often.

I had gone through migration guide too but can find much for this .

do I need to install nay fix ?
Any help or guidence will be appreciated .

Regards
Shubham

I’ve done several 6.5 upgrades, I have not seen the behavior you are describing. However, there are a large number of fix paks, service paks available for 6.5 . I would suggest logging into Advantage and seeing if any of the fixpaks address the issues you are seeing.

1.My question …would be…
is the installation procedure same for all wM *.jre fixes…how does one do the install/patch on UNIX servers from windows machines…
could someone give me a detailed example…of a IS fix etc.,
2.or could atlest tell me where to look for this detailed information…

thnx in advance…
Greatwhite

Fixes come with readmes that have the install instructions. SP’s are usually installed via the Installer while Fixpaks are usually just jar archives that have to be extracted to the right place. Sometimes they include a package install as well. The readme’s will tell you how to install the fixes. They are pretty simple.

You will have to be on the Unix box to install the fixes. The fixes are available from advantage or through a service request. The SP’s are generally available via the Installer.

Thanks a lot.u mean to say that to install a fix i shoudl telnet from windows and be loggedon the unix box while SPs can be installed using Installer on the windows box to the UnIX box or is it that INstaller shud be run on unix box using telnet as in the case of fixes…

cuz, i assume there shud be multiple installers meant for win and unix boxes…am i right?
btw, when i extract on a unix boz wud i be using GZzip? tar ?

could u plese throw some light…

Greatwhite

Hi Greatwhite,
Yes, there are 2 different wmInstall files for windows(.exe) and unix(.jar). For installing SP on unix you run “$java -jar wMInstallerxx.jar …”. For the Fixes, you run “$java -jar ISxx_FIXxx.jar …”.
HTH,
Bhawesh.

when i run the installer, it will ask for the Sps…?names/paths?
and if i install the latest Sp, does it include all Sp’s before it?

is it the same with fixes or do u have to install all fixes in sequence…

wat is the main difference between a fix and an SP?
could u throw some light please…

Greatwhite

when i run the installer, it will ask for the Sps…?names/paths?
Normally when you run the installer and try to download the S/W from Advantage (to create an Image or Direct Install) you select the Service packs you need (preferbly the latest).

and if i install the latest Sp, does it include all Sp’s before it?
If you select the Latest Service Packs (SP) it would include all the previous SP’s and the fixes released after the previous SP.

is it the same with fixes or do u have to install all fixes in sequence…
Normally during the interval between the SP’s releases all individual(specific) Issues are resolved with specific Fixes.
These fixes might not cover the previous fixes (unlike SP), as they are released for a specific purpose.

wat is the main difference between a fix and an SP?
SP is the collection of all the Fixes between the releases of SP.
For eg…

If we have an Initial release 6.1. Later we had some fixes (Fix1, Fix2, Fix3…)released due to some issues. At some time WM release SP1.

This SP1 will accumulate all the Fixes from release 6.1 till it’s (SP1) release…

i.e SP1 = Fix1+Fix2+fix3…

Say after SP1 relese we have further issues and WM releases FixA, FixB, FixC… and then they released SP2

Similarly, SP2 = SP1+ FixA+FixB+FixC…

You can slelectively install only fixes relative to you Known issues in you system (but Suggested is to Install the Latest SP) without installing the SP.

SomeMore
Additionally we Feature Packs (FP). This are purely related to Speficic company requirements and not mandatory to be installed in your system.

Note:
The above is for demonstration only… please read the readme File along with the Fixes/SP before Installing.

Incase something is misleading correct me.

HTH
PRY

Were you able to get this issue resolved. I am also having the same issue with Developer and TN Console loosing connection with IS. I am using TN Console 6.5. and the latest SP2 for Developer 6.5.