100 seconds query timeout

Hi,

I’m testing some queries which take long time on Tamino 4.1.4 using both Interactive Interface and Tamino API .NET (in a Windows application). While all of them finish ok using Interactive Interface, I often get System.Net.WebException using Tamino API .NET. The reason shown is “The operation has timed-out”. I have measured how long the queries take until the exception is raised, and the average time is 100 seconds.
All queries are executed in Autocommit mode and the database maximum transaction duration is set to 300 seconds.
I have read some documents related to .NET Web Services and it seems that the default timeout for Web Service connections is 100 sec. It could it be related to this problem, but I’m not sure how. Can I configure this timeout anywhere? Is it a .NET or a Tamino issue?

Thanks in advance,

Enric

I think there was a problem in the .NET API in Tamino 4.1 related to long running queries. This was related to a new HTTP timeout property only becoming available in .NET 1.1. This timeout is now used in .NET API for Tamino 4.2.

In .NET API for Tamino 4.2 the user may specify the timeout for long running queries - I have gone upto about an hour.

Hi, I have the same problem. My long running queries times out after 100 seconds. I searched thru the documentation, but I couldn’t find how to specify the timeout for long running queries in the .Net API

Thanks,
Simon

Should be a property TaminoCommand.Timeout.

thanks for the quick answer. In the .Net API I only have these properties for the TaminoCommand:

Collection Collection with which this command is associated.
Connection Connection with which this command is associated.
IsolationLevel Set the Tamino IsolationLevel value for the next command execution. Only for connections in AutoCommit mode.
LockMode Set the Tamino LockMode value for the next command execution.
Lockwait Set the Tamino Lockwait value for the next command execution.

I can’t find a TimeOut property

thanks for the quick answer. In the .Net API I only have these properties for the TaminoCommand:

Collection Collection with which this command is associated.
Connection Connection with which this command is associated.
IsolationLevel Set the Tamino IsolationLevel value for the next command execution. Only for connections in AutoCommit mode.
LockMode Set the Tamino LockMode value for the next command execution.
Lockwait Set the Tamino Lockwait value for the next command execution.

I can’t find a TimeOut property

Which version of Tamino are you using?

We use the Version 4.2.1.7

And you are certain that the TaminoCommand does not have a Timeout property? It might not appear in the documentation but it should be in the class itself.

At least I can’t access it in the Visual Studio. Please see attachment for the available properties.

Are you certain the referenced TaminoAPI.dll is the most up to date?

If you were accessing an earlier version you probably would not see the property.

You are right. Visual Studio has been still referenced to the old version. Thanks a lot.