100 % CPU utilization in BPM DB schema for the BPM based application

Hi,

We are facing an issue with the 100 % CPU utilization in BPM DB schema for the BPM based application.

DB team confirmed that, more number of operations are being performed on PRTPROCLOCK table, hence the shareplex took more time to sync the data between primary DB and secondary DB.

We observed that, more number of records are being processed since 4 days in production. Hence more number of records are getting inserted into DB.

I would like to understand more on the table PRTPROCLOCK, i didn’t get any info in docs. Please let me know if you have any idea on this table.

As there are more number of records are being processed in production, we can ask support team to upgrades the servers with memory. Would it be really helpful?

Do we need to increase the CPU and memory of DB servers or we need to increase for MWS servers as well. As of now no issue with the MWS server. But, after the DB CPU utilization, JVM in MWS servers is responding slowly and memory is also filled up.

Also we don’t have any scheduler to purge the data in WMERROR and WMSERVICE table, i am going to suggest support team to remove the old data in these tables. Are there any other tables that we can purge which should not impact the BPM process.

As per our scheduler we are purging the data only for processArchive, service Archive, serverArchive, documentArchive.

Please confirm if these services archives the data being stored in both IS core audit and process audit tables or do we need to configure any other schedulers.

Thanks,
Varun

Hi Varun,

deleting data from these tables manually should be avoided at all means.

MWS itself is not affected in this case but only responds to the load times in the IntegrationServer.

Monitor package only proivdes services for processArchive, serviceArchive, serverArchive and documentArchive.
But when using these services they will take care of all affected entries even in WMERROR and WMSERVICE table when these entries a part of a process execution par example.
You can introspect the stored procedures in the archive schema for details.

You should check if your archiving is configured properly (i.e. Grants and OPERATION_PARAMETERS) and is moving or deleting the data as expected.
Also make sure that the process instances have the proper status to be considered for archiving.

See Monitor Users Guide for further informations.

Regards,
Holger