How I can remove old "Business Processes" form MWS or which are not in use

I want to remove old process instances which are not in use and build several times.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Azhad,

you will have to delete the old instances by using the archiving services in the WmMonitor-package.
See the Monitor Users Guide for details for how to setup archiving.

Regards,
Holger

could you please tell me, what are the inputs required?
do I need to delete “PRA_PROCESS_ACTION” table data?

You don’t have manually navigate to specific tables and clean up (not recommended and not supported); the archiving jobs/services do this for you.

Setup - I assume that you’ve already installed the Archiving database objects; else, use the DB Configurator to install these on the Archive database first.

There may be a DB Link required, if your core and archiving databases are present on different DB servers. I’ve learnt that DB Link approach is no longer recommended.

Once the objects are available, you configure the Operation Parameters via this service (link). Then, you can execute processArchive, documented here (link).
These links explain the input fields, their usage and data types.

Guidelines - In your personal or non-Production setups, you may consider deleting (i.e., purging) the data, whereas for Production, you would typically archive the data for various purposes including. These guidelines/decisions are typically governed by your organizations’ Information Security policy.

Approaches - Archiving is performed by Stored Procedures that reside in your Archive database. However, you can perform archiving via various sources that ultimately invoke the Stored Procedures anyway, such as -

1. You can manually execute archiving via MWS screens; this consumes both MWS and IS resources (MWS → IS → DB)
  2. You can invoke these archive IS services (manually or schedule them on IS), which consume IS resources (IS → DB)
  3. You can directly execute the database Stored Procedures, by scheduling database jobs (no MWS or IS involvement, directly executed at the database-level)
  4. There’s another option to archive Process Audit data via Partitions, but this is usually not preferred (subject to business needs); this option is only supported for Process Audit

Concepts - You can read up about the concepts here (link). The documentation has a lot more information that will be useful.

Older Versions - The links above are all for 10.11, but you can look up older versions here (link). Search for webMethods Monitor. Note that there are differences in tables across versions - this is also documented.

KM

Hi,

I prefer having the main database user as well as the archiving database user on the same DB.
The archving user can then be replicated to a second database instance if needed.
In this case you will require some grants between the archiving user and main user which is documented in the appendix of the Monitor Users Guide.

We have scheduled some IS services for regular archiving/deleting every day with configured keep periods, but from time to time we run these services manually for certain process models.

Naming of the tables has been changed between wM 9.5 and wM 9.6, which is also documented in the Monitor Users Guide.

Regards,
Holger

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.