NAT0845 error while LOGON to a library

Why the user receives “NAT0845 Command mode prohibited, no startup transaction specified” error when he enter LOGON LIBRARY NAME in Natural?
User already have required access to that library.

In NATURAL security under RESTRICTIONs for that library COMMAND MODE is disallowed, and there is no startup program so what to do?

You either need a link (default or special) whereby Command mode is allowed if you are a developer; or a startup program is specified if you are a user.

Eugene (Gene) Miklovich

ADABAS/NATURAL Systems Support and DBA

Cell: 916-202-7047

Normal Hours: 8am-4pm E.T.

Please call or text if assistance needed outside these hours.

1 Like

I could see COMMAND MODE is Y for that library.
Is there something need to be changed for UserID which is an end-user to login to library using LOGON command in command line?

You have a parameter that you can set in the Natural PROFILE called CM .

Check the users PROFILE definitions in SYSPARM or check if his userid is defined as a PROFILE in SYSPARM because THOSE will be the definitions used by Natural for the user :

Need to check (via retrievals if that user is linked to that library multiple ways.

If there is a special LINK then it may be using that profile versus the default library profile.

Eugene (Gene) Miklovich

The Special Link profile likely has COMMAND MODE set to N - see Additional Options > Security Options.

Either set it to Y or add a STARTUP program to the Special Link that the user is linked to.

To list the profiles the user is linked to, use XREF in SYSSEC under Retrievals > User, mark user id with “XR” and X beside “Linked Libraries”.

I think I found the issue, I could see “Start Trans” as blank for that User ID against that library.
I tried displaying the Special link by using DL for the UserID, but the usertype of that UserID is M(Member) and it didn’t displayed the special link.
It throwed the message “User Type not A, P, G”.
Please let me know how to modify the Member UserID for a particular group in a particular library to have the correct “Start Trans”.

A Member can only be linked via a Group. If this user needs permission different from the rest of the group, then either create a new group and add the user to that group (and link the group to the library with the appropriate settings) or promote the user to a Person and link the person.

However - any member of the group the user is in is linked the same way: no access to the command line and no Startup program is defined. Most likely you need to add a Startup program to the standard profile (if group is linked to the library) or to the Special Link profile.

1 Like

If you go to SYSSEC retrievals you for users you can find out what groups this user is a member of.

Members are not linked or special linked to a library only the groups they belong to.

So find out what groups the user belongs to and what libraries they are linked to via GROUPS.

Eugene (Gene) Miklovich

1 Like

Hi Douglas,

Please let me know how to edit the option “Allow NEXT, MORE line” and set is as “Y” for an existing Special Link.

This is a line called “Command Line” that can appear whenever you execute a NATURAL program that produces a report with WRITEs, DISPLAYs, etc output statements. It will allow the entry of a command which will terminate the program and execute the command. Often for end-user applications we turn it off so they don’t accidentally enter something on that line. But for programmers testing a report program it is very useful they can type EDIT so they don’t have to go to end of REPORT/PROGRAM.

Eugene (Gene) Miklovich

1 Like

https://documentation.softwareag.com/natmf/9.2.2/en/webhelp/natmf-webhelp/nsc/nsc_prolib.htm#Linking_Users_to_Libraries

Also see my earlier post with screenshots.

SYSSEC > M (Maintenance) > User > LL against group that user belongs to > (Link User - press Enter) > SL against library to be accessed > PF4 or Additional Options=Y > X Restrictions > X Security Options > set your Definition of command mode options

1 Like