XML to CSV export

I’m looking for a way to export an XML file to a single CSV file.
If I use the export function of XMLSPY I get multiple csv files.
I would need one flat csv containing structured something like
“Level”;“Tagname”;“Value” for each line of an XML file containing a value.
Is this possible, how can I achieve this?

Hi BAS,

this is quite straight forward. A small program using JAVA and SAX will do. If you drop me (tvo(at)software(hyphen)ag(dot)com) your e-mail, i can send you a small sample program doing this.

tvo

Hi tvo
Thanks for your reply.
I know there is a java based freeware called XML2CSV, but this requires a structure defined in an XSLT. This is not very easy. I need a bit more user friendly solution.
A link where I can download it would be sufficient.

Hi BAS,

this little program is not will never be downloadable anywhere. Please send me your email address and i will send the java program to you as zipped attachment. please find my email in my first posting.

TVO.

Think it is possible to attach to this topic, isn’t it?
I’ve attached a file for testing.
Testattach.txt (1 Bytes)

enjoy.

Note there is no support for this program. If it starts formatting you harddisk, it’s you responsibility - ok ?
Xml2Csv.zip (3.66 KB)

how did u convert xml to multiple CSV files?can u please help me?

You want to convert xml to csv file using webMethods?

Here csv file can be a flat file. I hope you are aware of this!

You can check out this link: XSLT | XML-Export in Daten mit Trennzeichen: data2type GmbH
if you want to know more about this subject!
It’s in German but i hope it will help some of you

Please send me your email address and i will send the java program to you as zipped attachment. please find my email in my first posting.

== www.chessrivals.net ==

We have tamino database used to store our contracts and we have a project to extract the xml meta data from the tamino DB.

Please reach out to me @rramanadh@rambus.com if you are interested to engage with us to extract the XML data from DB to CSV format so that we can load the data to Oracle dB or any other relational DB.