XML Schema Validation Issue

Hi there,

We recently started a migration process from 8.2 to 9.9 and we came across the following issue:
In one of our transfers we need to validate the resulting XML against a schema. The problem is that the validation always fails on the new 9.9 environment. It seems that the schema might not have been migrated accordingly. We tested the same XML on the 8.2 environment and the validation worked flawlessly. We also tried to manually copy in Designer the schema from the 8.2 sever to the 9.2 server but nothing changed. We have the schema as xsd but the problem is that it also contains refferences to other xsds which we have as well. I assume a solution would be to recreate the schema from xsd. Do you happen to know how one could create a schema from a XML schema which refferences other schemas? Also do you know if these schemas are also saved locally on the IS after creating them in Designer (or somewhere else on IS level)?

Sample errors which we get:
Error: [ISC.0082.9009] Child element <ChildElement> at position 5 is unexpected at path:

The XML is correct as we tested it on the 8.2 server (with pub.schema.validate)

Thank you in advance!

Did you make sure you have the latest IS 9.9 core fixes? Kindly share your fix levels.

Hi,

if you have all neccessary xsds availabe, make sure you place them at the correct level in your local directory structure.
This means to make sure that the higher xsds reference the proper relative path to referenced xsds.

In this case you can cretae the new schema in Designer Service Development and point to the highest xsd you want the schema to be created from. Designer then will import the referenced xsds on the fly and eventually create separate schema nodes for them if neccessary.

Regards,
Holger

Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers.

@M@he$h I believe so. I will check tomorrow at the office. Our team is only responsible with migrating packages from 8.2 to 9.9. Another team takes care of updates and fixes.

@Holger So you are saying that we have to check the paths in the xsd:include and xsd:import components and make sure they correspond with the data structure in the local directory (with all the xsds) from where we are importing the primary schema in webMethods Designer right?

Hi there,

I tried to create the schema but we get the below error more than once:

errorMessage:[ISC.0082.9704] Duplicate definition found in this schema definition

You tried to create the schema manually or using DTD or sample xml metadata? At what creation step it failed?

Please elaborate!

HTH,
RMG

add the below in Extended Settings and try

watt.core.schema.generateSubstitutionGroups=true
watt.core.schema.validateIncomingXSD=false
watt.core.schema.validateIncomingXSDUsingXerces=false

Hi Friends,

i have one more concern for GIMA format,

we were using GIMA format in our project.
GIMA format example sample data in below,

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>

<sActMsgG3:ActorReadRequest xsi:type=‘sActG3:ActorReadRequestMessage’ >

a763bc50.09f55fd2.911c5b41

TCAS11001_PersonEntityAssociation

Etc…

problem is we didn’t parsing in webMethods. because above structure depending reference document. like as GIMA is referring to another xsd

We are working on parsing/validating an XML file that is specific to our partner. It has SOAP data in the XML file. We are trying to create a document type for the XML file but not able to get the complete structure. Please help in getting the document type created for this XML.

Hi,

are you able to access the XSD directly at GIMA side?

If yes, you can create the doctype from this location and will load both xsds.

If no, you might want to ask GIMA if they can provide you the second xsd as well.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for Response…

they guys provided all xsd’s . each xsd had depending another multiple xsd’s. in this scenario we didn’t find the how to mapping in webMethods.

For examples:-

1. i have one xsd. this xsd depending on 100 xsd’s. renaming 100 xsd’s depending on another 100 xsd’s. like as one xsd depends around 1000 xsd files…

please give me suggestion alternative solution…

Hi,

Do you have any memory issues?

On a large XSD hierarchy I was forced to add the -Xss parameter to increase the JVM heap size and also increased JVM memory.

Did you check your Enhanced XML Parsing Settings?

Best Regards,

Thanks Lisboa,

You mean increase Java heap memory…

mean while,We are working on parsing/validating an XML file that is specific to our partner. It has SOAP data in the XML file. We are trying to create a document type for the XML file but not able to get the complete structure.because all xsd’s depends multiple xsd’s and also input/output they passed dropdown values. Please help in getting the document type created for this XML.

Hi,

I changed (on custom_wrapper.conf):

• wrapper.java.initmemory
  • wrapper.java.maxmemory
    and added
  • wrapper.java.additional.=-Xss
    which sets the Java thread stack size -X Command-line Options

Are you able to retrieve all of the XSD (as schemas) when you import the WSDL or do you import your schemas directly to the IS?