XML Data Generator

I am trying to get the XML Data Generator to work, but I am receiving the following errors:
“C:\xmldatagenerator_1_1_1_2>perl xmldatagenerator.pl Parent.dgt parent-docs 10
Possible precedence problem on bitwise | operator at xmldatagenerator.pl line 14

XML Data Generator has been started…

…will process xml template in the following order: S

…writing output to directory parent-docs, multiple files will be generated

WARNING: modules directory C:\xmldatagenerator_1_1_1_2\modules does not exist,
no modules will be used !

WARNING: data directory C:\xmldatagenerator_1_1_1_2\cffarray does not exist,
no content from input files can be generated

writing XML documents:
Can’t use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at xmldatagenerator.pl line 2
327.”

Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?

I am using Perl 5.8.2 as I can’t find Perl 5.8.0 as recommended. If someone has it working, can you provide me with a sample XML file using the Employee.dgt or Parent.dgt with 5000 documents or more?

I want to create a sample application for testing and I need lots of data.

Thanks,

Brian Garner
Advisory System Engineer, Software AG (Canada)
brian.garner@softwareag.ca

Thanks,

Brian Garner
Advisory Systems Engineer, Softtware AG Canada
416.364.1133 x.261 office

Hi Brian,

it looks like you do have the template file Parent.dgt but you do NOT have the directory cffarray which contains the content files. Thus the data generator cannot find any content files belonging to Parent.dgt and aborts. Please make sure the directory cffarray is provided as well, otherwise the data generator will fail. Just copy the complete directory examples/parent/ to a new location and then start the generator (as described in the documentation). Attached you find the 10 XML files that I got when using your command.

Best regards,

Jan Harmsen
Software Engineer
Software AG

Hi Brian,

a zip file containing 5000 Parent documents (~ 14 MB) is available for download from:

http://tamino.demozone.softwareag.com/5k-parent-docs.zip

Best regards,

Jan Harmsen
Software Engineer
Software AG