Generate Problem ... (xml:lang element?)

I have problem when generating an application, here is my error message:
Processing status
Schema defined--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Application directory created--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Generator started--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Error: 500
AssertionFailed: schema does not contain the element ‘xml:lang’
com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.common.AssertionFailed
schema does not contain the element ‘xml:lang’
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.generator.GenUtil.getElementDefinition(GenUtil.java:207)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.generator.BreadthFirstSearchProcessor.processNode(BreadthFirstSearchProcessor.java:138)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.generator.BreadthFirstSearchProcessor.process(BreadthFirstSearchProcessor.java:114)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.generator.Generator.breadthFirstSearch(Generator.java:865)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.generator.Generator.generate(Generator.java:712)

Attached my schema file, I very sure that my data doesn’t contain any xml:lang element… Then what’s the problem?

[This message was edited by klwong on 11 Mar 2003 at 07:15.]
NewsML.TSD (296 KB)

Hello,

within the currently available version of X-Application (3.1.3), the generator does not support the xml:lang attribute for schemas.

What we did is, we checked you schema with the version we are currently developing (X-Application 4.1.1). Requirement is Tamino 4.1.1 and Tomcat 4.1.18.

After two changes on your schema we were able to generate an application. These changes are:

(1) import of the xml schema to make the xml namespace visible.

(2) the definition of DataContent which has the form

<xs:element name = "DataContent">
    <xs:complexType mixed = "true">
      <xs:sequence minOccurs = "0">
        <xs:element ref = "nitf" minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "unbounded" />
        <xs:any processContents = "skip" minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "unbounded" />
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:attribute name = "Duid" type = "xs:ID" />
      <xs:attribute name = "Euid" type = "xs:string" />
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

was not accepted by the internal schema representation altough we could define the schema with the schema editor. The problem is, that when receiving a document an element ‘nitf’ cannot assigned uniquely to a type definition:
(a) It could be one of the ‘nitf’, but also
(b) It could be one of the 'Any’s.

To test purpose we changed the min/maxOccurs of nitf to 1 (the element is required).

Also possible could be to exclude the namespace of ‘nitf’ to be one of the Any’s by restricting the ‘Any’ declaration. However, I don’t know further details about this possibility.

If you are interested in a pre-release of X-Application 4.1.1 (consider the requirements mentioned above), please contact me directly via Email.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello,

this topic will be moved to the Assistance Forum in the next days.
The assistance forum is intended to be used for technical questions and answers.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Christian.