XForm support?

X-Application Version: 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 3.1.1
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : NT, Win2k, Solaris, …
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3
JDK Version : 1.3.1

Is there any plan to implement XForm for the future version?

Thanks!

Hello.

To answer your question directly: No, the next version of X-Application will not support XForms.

However, the idea behind XForms is an interesting topic for XML based applications. Therefore, for future planning XForms could be a relevant task on X-Application?s feature list. It will be became more relevant if there are Tamino projects that require XForms support or good design proposals considering our management of investing manpower to develop the XForms support.

The last news I have from XForms is:
- XForms is a candidate for recommendation
- Current browsers do not support XForms.
- Current implementations of XForms (e.g. by Mozquito) provide a server based solution to transform XForms files into a set of HTML pages displayable on client side.

Please correct me if my information is outdated.

There is demo to use X-Application as a back end for XForms. It was created to show the use of X-Application in combination with Mozquito. The example is called ?XML Document Integration?. You can find it if you have installed X-Application. Start your Tomcat an enter http://localhost:8080/xapp and follow the link for the ?Plugin? examples.

What are your ideas how to have the support for XForms. Approaches could be:
a) JSP technology is directly used to transfer XForms into HTML.
b) The generator of X-Application accepts XForms and transfers the files into JSPs.
c) ???

Do you know tools or platforms we could integrate to support the XForms?

Many thanks.
Bye Christian.

Dear friends
XForm Now supported via plugins. My next plan is also deploy all app to Xform.
After JSP development exprience; i called it spaghetti.
MVC(Model View Control) and JSP are antonym. We did a XSLT based project. If you have Explorer 6.0 XSLT done on client side. And by using XSL caching it is working like 3270 termials. Xform will carry it to the futures.
Brgs

Hello,

that sounds interesting. Are you allowed to give more information about your project?

I would be interested in the architecture:
How did you integrated the X-Forms.
Which component is responsible for the XML data exchange between client and server?

Many thanks,
Christian.