WxConfigLight

Introduction

WxConfigLight is a lightweight and free webMethods IntegrationServer package with a similar but very reduced API like the official and the one and only WxConfig. It is designed for a simple and downward compatible introduction into configuration management like WxConfig is doing.

Note: For advanced usage please switch to the official WxConfig.

Pre-requisite

Developed and tested in wM10.3 (IS), 10.11 (IS&MSR) and 10.15 (IS) (Windows).

Details

The most important thing to say is: WxConfigLight is using the "Global Variables" from IntegrationServer as UI and keystore. Also if you invoke public services like getValue, getValueList or updateValue it will work on the Global Variables. But initially, it reads the data from wxconfig.cnf respectively wxconfig-<env>.cnf like the official package WxConfig. Consider that changes in the UI do not change these files!

The Global Variables will afterward look like this:

WxConfigLight__MyPackage__myKey: myValue
WxConfigLight__MyPackage__myList: 0
WxConfigLight__MyPackage__myList__1: 1
WxConfigLight__MyPackage__myList__2: 2

Furthermore, WxConfigLight can create some assets via auto-setup e.g. triggers.

Next steps

ACLs shall be added to auto-setup.

Useful links

Disclaimer

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
6 Likes

Can this coexist with non-“WxConfigLight” global variables? I.e. are existing values in the globalVariables.cnf file preserved?

@Simon_Hanisch1 On importing this package to IS [ I am using 10.11 MSR ] UI page avaialble same as WxConfig full version ?

I am not seeing the configuration management under → Solution menu of Integration server ?

Yes, as it adds a prefix “WxConfigLight__yourPackageName__” before each variable

No, there is no own UI page in order to keep it simple. There is a service to load the keys into Global Variables. Afterwards the UI of IS can be used to view and maybe change the keys during runtime.