Write JAVA service to check usernamepassword

I’d like to write an API if you will that will allow other applications send a request to the B2B server to validate the credentials. Would someone point me in the right direction on how I might go about this where I can validate the user name and password stored within webMethods. There is documentation on how to write API’s to other LDAP type servers but I have not come across anything on webMethods itself.

Chris,
Not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but have you checked into Pluggable Authentication Modules? I believe these are usually intended to replace the default webMethods auth routines (called by the server), but if you’ve plugged in your own routine you should be able to call it yourself as well, right? You should be able to find more info about this on Advantage (maybe in the Security section of the bookshelf?). If not, get in touch and I can forward you what I have. HTH.

Might this work?

If you’re defining the users within the admin console, then write a service that simply has an access control list associated with it. If the credentials supplied to invoke the service are correct, the service might return a success string or something. If the credentials are not correct, IS won’t invoke your service and will return the appropriate auth error.

Am I missing something?

You could use the com.wm.app.b2b.client.Context
class from the IS API to attempt a connection to your server passing the username and password. If the connection attempt returns an error, credentials are invalid…