ACL Error [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message

Hi All,

I am using VBscript and Microsoft’s SOAP Toolkit 3.0 to invoke an ACL-enabled web service. I now have the code in place to authenticate the WSDL successfully. Here is the code:

Dim soapClient as Object = CreateObject(“MSSoap.SoapClient30”)
'First download the WSDL file locally using the ServerXMLHttp request object
Dim reqObj, response as Object
reqObj = CreateObject(“Msxml2.ServerXmlHttp”)
reqObj.Open(“GET”, “http://server:port/CU139/WERCS_Main.wsdl”, False, “user”, “pwd”)
reqObj.Send
response = reqObj.responseText
soapClient.ClientProperty(“ServerHTTPRequest”)=True
‘feed in response into mssoapinit
soapClient.mssoapinit(response, “”, “”)
if err.Number <> 0 then
MessageList("initialization failed ", err.description)
end if
'Provide authentication info for method call
soapClient.ConnectorProperty(“AuthUser”) = “user”
soapClient.ConnectorProperty(“AuthPassword”)=“pwd”
if err.Number <> 0 then
MessageList("Setting some connectorproperty failed ", err.description)
end if
‘call web method
soapClient.Main(sXML)
if err.Number <> 0 then
MessageList("Main call error ", err.description)
end if

The problem I have now is that I am receiving this 500 Internal Server error from webMethods while attempting to authenticate the service:

SOAP-ENV:Fault
SOAP-ENV:Client
[ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message
http://server:port/soap/rpc
<detail xmlns:webM=“[URL=“API Integration Platform | Software AG”]API Integration Platform | Software AG”>
webM:exception webM:classNamecom.wm.app.b2b.server.AccessException</webM:className>
<webM:message xml:lang=“”>[ISS.0084.9004] Access Denied </webM:message>
</webM:exception>

</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

The service has Execute ACL set to a group of which I am part of. Enforce Execute ACL is set to “When top-level service only”. I am confident I am sending the correct credentials to authenticate the service. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-Chris-

Chris,
This is part of the same issue we were talking about in the other post. .Net is expecting a 401 error and not a 500. The SOAP dev guide has the information you need to create the Access-Controlled SOAP Processor. In addition to that you will also need to tell you client to PreAuthenticate. Not sure about syntax in your vbscript.

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, MS SOAP Toolkit 3.0 and VBscript do not provide a mechanism for setting a “PreAuthenticate” property. This appears to only be available in .NET.

I have since created a custom soap processor service to handle the incoming soap request. The Execute ACL of this service is set to “Anonymous”. I plan on forwarding the input data to a secured service after authenticating the user and password credentials, which are embedded in the input data, against the webMethods group of the target service.

Is this a solution worth pursuing? If so, how does one validate credentials against an established group? At this juncture, I am able to invoke the target service and the XML is processed correctly with the Execute ACL set to a group. I suspect that no authentication is occurring when forwarding the input data.

-Chris-