WmDB ODBC Incorrect Table Definition on IS

IS version 6.1 SP1, is running on Windows 2000 Platform x86 version 5.0.

I am using a WmDB adapter to connect to a catalog using the driver sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver. One of the tables contains a field which is broken down into an array of 4 items which occur 7 times. The items display in the table definition once, and when I try to read the table, I get the error “Numeric value out of range.” I am able to read this table in Impromptu, however the table definition has the items defined individually (ie. item1-1 item2-1 item3-1 item4-1 item1-2, etc.). In IS, the table only shows item1 item2 item3 item4. Both Impromptu and IS are using the same catalog.

I don’t know if it helps, but the catalog is defined in a production called Relativity, by Liant (Cobol 6.60), and is directed at a set of ISAM files on a Unix Platform running AIX 4.2. This allows the files to be accessed using SQL statements. A simple Select statements fails on the table, but works on others.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

Since I am unable to delete the original posting, I wanted to post an update. I found that there were multiple definitions for the required file, and the one that I was using was incorrect. Sorry.

May be old news but you’ll want to be cautious about using hte JDBC-ODBC bridge. From the Sun site ([url=“JDK 19 Documentation - Home”]JDK 19 Documentation - Home):

“The JDBC-ODBC Bridge should be considered a transitional solution. Sun Microsystems and DataDirect Technologies are working to make the Bridge more reliable and robust, but they do not consider it a supported product. With the development of pure Java JDBC drivers, the JDBC-ODBC Bridge should become unnecessary.”

This has been the same statement they’ve had posted for years. Older versions of the bridge had various issues, including being non-reentrant. Depending upon how you have IS configured and the nature of the intgrations, you may run into lock ups with the driver.

But if things have been working, even under load, then you should be okay. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I’m attempting to connect to a Progress 9.1E database. I can connect and even enable a JDBC adapter connection using the Progress JDBC driver, but none of the adapter services work. I contacted DataDirect and got the following response: “Do you have an ODBC driver for Progress 9.1E? With our SequeLink product we can connect to the ODBC driver to provide the JDBC access.” This sounds suspiciously like the JDBC-ODBC bridge described above. Is it? Does anybody have any experience with this product in webMethods? All replies appreciated. Thanks,

Tim