wm.server.disconect service

Hi,

I am currently working on an application running on WM 4.6. There is a requirement wherein I have to secure a DSP using siteminder. I have been asked to use the wm.server.disconect service (used to logoff a user on the IS admin page) to log out a user. When I click the Logout button, the session gets terminated and when I click on the “here” option in the page (again same as the one you see on the page after you logoff from the IS admin), it goes back to the IS admin page. I tried searching for the “disconnect” service in the developer thinking that I would edit the service according to my requirement, but could not find it. All I found was pub.ldap:disconnect . Can anyone tell me where I can find the wm.server.disconect service so that I can edit it to use according to the requirement. The basic idea is that after a user clicks on the logout button, he should be able to access the DSP the same way a user can access the IS page after loging off.

Regards,
sdeshik

wm.server:disconnect service is in WMRoot which might be hidden in your environment… Set watt.server.ns.hideWmRoot property in extended settings to false to list WmRoot. But coming to your requirements, services in WmRoot can be used but not available for editing. Moreover it’s not recommended to use the services from WmRoot as it tends to get change with fixes/patches etc. but we know we all use services from this package :slight_smile:

Thanks devexpert, any particular reason for the service to be hidden? I checked the extended sttings but could not find watt.server.ns.hideWmRoot there. I am going ahead and using the same wm.server.disconect service for logging out since the users logging in to the DSP cannot access the IS due to ACL restrictions.

Regards,
sdeshik

If you are not able to see property watt.server.ns.hideWmRoot in Extended setting, then just edit and add this new property in Extended settings.

Possible Reason for hiding WmRoot services which i understand could be to avoid misuse of services.