WM Manager Any Experiences

There was no error while creating the DB object, DB Script file ran successfully.

Regarding the OMIAgent.properties file, yes you are right there is no need to change in this file but for Agentlist.properties file you have to uncomment the Agent for IS and Brokers.

Hello,

Iam new to wM Manager. How can I get all properties of an OMI object?Can anyone help me out?If I want to configure an alert for Manager server thread count, how can I acieve that?

Thanks
Robert

Hi Robert,
You can find out all the available properties of an OMI Object from Manager server console (now optimize). I believe there is one tab called ‘system’ on optimize, where you can first check whether your manager server is available for monitoring or not. If it is, then just go to Admin tab setup rules. While setting up the rules, you can follow ‘Optimize user guide’. From user guide, you will know that before write the rules, you should setup your data filter where you will mention your manager server details like host, port and with component to manage.

As of now, I dont have any available installations of optimize or I could have helped you step by step.
User guide gives you a decent idea for how to setup filter and rules.

HTH

Regards,
Nilesh

Hi Experts,

If I just wanted to bring up and down the IS, how many/which objects do I need to manage per IS.

If there are more than one Manager Server required, do I need to install all of them in one box?

-Pauly

Can someone throw light on how to edit the OMIAgent.properties file to view additional attributes? When attributes(specified in the programmer’s guide) are added to this file, they don’t reflect on the system tab, even after controller and satellite restart. Also, there is no intuitive way to add attributes that are string arrays or object arrays (for eg. ClientGroupNames for EnterpriseAdapters)
Thanks in advance!

It should work if you follow the steps in the webMethods_BAM_Optimize_6.1.5_SP1_and_Manager_Console_6.1.5_Admin_Guide.pdf.
Sometimes the attributes only appear after you’ve also added the attributes to the Model.properties and the ConfigureUIProperties.properties files.
And of course the attributes have to be part of the OMI specification. You can check this on the Manager Server by enabling the debug port, and check the Agent View page .

Hi,

question regarding Manager and Manager Console. I have installed the manager and from the manager i am also able to search for various Integration Severs across the network and i am also able add them to the list of Integration Servers. And Broker servers also.

Manager 6.1.5 with fixes IS_6-1_Fix1
Manager_6-1-5_Fix1
Manager_6-1-5_Fix3
Manager_6-1-5_Fix4

optimize 6.1.5

( i ) My problem is when i go into my Manager Console i am not able to view the added Integration Server under the Object …I am not getting any information for the IS in object datafilter and Attribute Datafilter. When i select the packages filter to update im getting the following error

com.wm.ism.OmiRuntimeMBeanException: RuntimeException thrown in preRegister method
java.lang.ClassCastException
at omi.wm.devkit.OmiMBeanInfo.writeData(OmiMBeanInfo.java:112)
at omi.wm.devkit.OmiMBeanInfo.calculateVersionUID(OmiMBeanInfo.java:64)
at omi.wm.devkit.OmiMBeanInfo.(OmiMBeanInfo.java:46)
at com.wm.ism.OmiMBeanServerImpl.mergeMBeanInfo(OmiMBeanServerImpl.java:1063)
at com.wm.ism.OmiMBeanServerImpl.getMBeanInfoInt(OmiMBeanServerImpl.java:568)
at com.wm.ism.OmiMBeanServerImpl.getMBeanInfo(OmiMBeanServerImpl.java:502)
at wm.ism.agent.jmx.getMBeanInfo(jmx.java:768)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3043.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:587)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:229)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:194)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:403)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:503)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:367)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:128)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler._process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:139)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.InvokeHandler.process(InvokeHandler.java:113)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:298)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run

I am able to view all the Broker Server related information.
Deployed agents are
Disk Space Agent
Internal Monitor Support
Java Virtual Machine Monitor (memory)
Monitor Messenger
Process Messenger
webMethods OMI Monitor Agent
webMethods OMI Topology Agent

Thanks in advance