wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.compose: startTradacomsTransmission throws NullPointerException

Hi All,

We are trying to create EDI (Tradacoms) data from an internal document. As part of that, the first thing we are using the following service with the right details, but throws NullPointerException. Does anyone encountered the same problem. Your help is much appreciated.

wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.compose:startTradacomsTransmission

To start with, I have tried with the dummy data set only STX document. Other input variables are not set.

Do we have to set other input fields as well ?

Thanks in adavance

Cheers
NK

This is a know issue.
Apply webMethods Integration Server 6.5 SP2 FlatFile Fix 3.
This will solve the problem.

Hi Jiten,

Thanks for the quick response. We are running IS 65 SP3. Isn’t SP3 resolve this issue ?

Thanks
NK

This fix is available for SP1 and SP2.
So I think the same fix will be available for SP3.

NK,

You have to make sure in SP3 release notes or somewhere whether this FlatFile Fix3 also was included or not.Generally it should have all the cumulated fixes in SP3…

HTH,
RMG

Hi Jiten/RMG,

I have installed IS65 SP3 FlatFile Fix1 and resolved the issue. But when the service is executed the output of startTradacomsTransmission is “wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.DefaultComposeInfo” instead of the edi header (STX). Is this correct ? Fyi, I have not supplied the “FormatInfo” and “encoding”.

thanks in advance
NK

Hi Jiten/RMG,

Also, the output is generated with the edi header information if the “outputFileName” is used. The output is written into the file.

It is not working if “outputFileName” is not used.

Thanks
NK

Hi

Any one supply the sample flow service that is to create the tradacoms v9 edi data from an internal document.

Thanks
NK

Hi

See the usage of [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4]startTradacomsTransmission
[/size][/font]serivce. Its states that output is the object Used to write transmission information to disk or to memory. If the
document exceeds the Large Document threshold, or if the outputFileName is
specified, it will be written to disk…

Also you have to use wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.compose:addToTradacomsTransmission service
to add other segment for TRADACOM document.

and Finaly you will have to use
wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.compose:endTradacomsTransmission service
to create the end segement. This service returns input stream containing the entire document.
then uses streamtoBytes and BytestoString service to convert it to String.

I hope this works !!!

hi jiten, I have followed the steps as it is given above, but inputStream is not available in the pipeline. What built-in service to be used to convert from streamToBytes ?

thanks
NK

Its in the WmPublic folder pub.io:streamToBytes…

HTH,
RMG

Hi Jiten,

I got it working now. Many thanks for the responses. I was using the wrong encoding. First of all I didn’t have to use encoding.

Cheers
NK