Processing Tradacoms EDI

Hi
Can anyone help me out as how to process “Sales Order” Tradacom EDI in Webmethods6.5 Developer
means i want to validate the envelope and the header field and their is no specific docs which desc as how to process tradacom EDI step by step…
and i m nt getting specific service to do that
as i m using
[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier][FONT=Courier][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier][SIZE=2]“wm.b2b.edi.envelopeProcess” gives me error as this service is nt to be used for tradacom EDI as mentioned in doc…

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

There are TRADACOMS equivalents of each of the services. Refer to the EDI documentation and search for TRADACOMS to find them. TRADACOMS support is fairly recent addition, I think, so make sure you have the latest EDI docs.

Hi,

If you are using Trading network [FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]you must install a TN

document type corresponding to each EDI transaction set or each TRADACOMS file (of aspecific standard and version) that you will be exchanging.

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]

When you install a TN document type, the EDI Module automatically creates a flat file schema for the same TRADACOMS file.

You can now use this flat file schema to process you flat file.

Also note that you will have to specific services like [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2]
wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.doc:isFileEnvelope , [FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2]
wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms:convertToValues

[/size][/font]

[/SIZE][/FONT]related to TRADACOM to process the inbound tradacom flat file.

Jiten

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank u for reply
i have gone through the wm.b2b.edi.tradacoms.doc:isFileEnvelope service
but this is used to confirm that the bizdoc contains tradacom when i use this with TN
but what to do if i want to validate tradacom EDI file in Developer
thats i want to validate envelope and header…
i dont want to use TN

If you are not using TN, use wm.b2b.edi:SEFParse service to create flat file schemas from aSEF file. This service extracts information about the EDI document’s structure, separators, and segments from the SEF file and transfers the information to a flat file schema.

Refer to Edi module user guide and its built in service guide for more details.

I would strongly encourage the use of TN for EDI handling. Using it will save you a lot of headache and a lot of coding.

Pankaj,

You may have to check this thread aswell
[URL]wmusers.com

Also do a simple search in this forum/Advantage on TRADACOMS,some helpful/experiences tradacom threads can give you some more ideas…

HTH,
RMG

Thank u for ur response
i will try to find out something on advantage…