wM 7.1.3 to 8.2 upgrade issue

Hi,

Can anyone has idea about below error, its coming when I 'm trying to open WSDL from WSD from developer itself. When we upgraded to wm 8.2 we are geting this type of issue. As I know WSDL can be generated from WSD.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Hello,
In 8.2v, you shouldn’t use Developer to create/edit web service connectors. Please use Designer on the first place.

Did you upgrade from 7.1.3 to 8.2? What are you trying to edit after you upgrade? Do you see ‘pre-compatibility’ mode setting set to ‘true’ for web service?

-Senthil

Thanks for replying…

Actually I m just trying to see the WSDL from webservice descriptor thru developer. I m not creating any WSD from developer. Can’t I open the WSDL for the existing wm 7.1.3 WSD which is migrated to wm 8.2.

Is there any mandatory rule to use the migration utility for migration from wm 7.1.3 to wm 8.2? Where I can see the pre-compatibilty property?

Thanks,
Sudhendu Dwivedi

You cannot use Developer to view web service descriptor. Use Designer 8.2.2.

-Senthil

Thanks Senthil for replying.

Please clear one thing, do we really need to migrate from wm 7.1.3 or above to wm 8.2? or we can migrate from wm 7.1.2 to wm 8.2.

I checked the pre-compatibility mode in designer and it sets to “true”, but still if I changed it to “false” and try to save it getting the reference issue. please suggest.

Thanks,
SD

If you are asking about upgrade of Integration server, from 7.1.2 to 8.2.2, you have to take the path of 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 to 8.2.2. This is the officially supported path of migration. Also, you got to use IS Migration Utility while doing this migration and not Deployer to move package from 7.x to 8.x. It works in most cases, but it is not officially supported, which means not tested as well.

The above error clearly shows the path it is trying to refer for TaxServiceSchema.xsd which is under the path ‘/usr/local/wm/v712/Integ…’. I am sure you have a different path now with 8.2.2 version. Debugging the problem towards this would give you the solution I believe.

-Senthil

Thanks a lot Senthil.