Win Advanced Server 2000

Hi there. Maybe this topic has been beaten to death, but I am still not sure what is happening with Windows Advanced Server 2000 and the XML Starter Kit. Can they work together? If so, then why do I get the error message “your version of Windows is not supported in the license key”? How do I resolve this issue.
I have been in contact with my Software AG vendors but they are unsure over this issue. Thought someone here could clarify it for me.
I have to complete a competition entry using Tamino Server before the end of the month, and I might as well give up if I can’t use the XML Starter Kit on a platform such as Windows Advanced Server 2000. Maybe its too advanced for the starter kit?

Regards
Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Check this out!

http://www.xmlstarterkit.com/requirements.htm

It lists the platforms on which the XML Starter Kit runs. As you can see from the list, the Advanced Server is absent. There is also no plan to allow the XML Starter Kit on the Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

If you want to test Tamino XML Server on the Advanced Server platform (or any other platform on which Tamino can run), you should contact your nearest Software AG office and organise a test contract.

Regards
Dave

Thanks

I was confused because my software ag contact told me that advanced server would work, obviously they were wrong. Firstly they gave me the starter kit v.2.3.1 and when I told them that that didn’t work, we spent a week trying to resolve it, and then they organised v.3 for me. Also on the cd’s documentation it states that advanced server is supported, at least I hope i remember it saying that. Anyway, is there any reason why advanced server is not being supported? Just wondering why not

Cheers
Duncan

Hi!
The XML Starter Kit does not run on the Advanced Server because, as a free trial software package, only a few OS can be supported. To support every possible OS would be too costly (in time and dollars!).

As I mentioned before, a test license to use the standard Tamino XML Server (i.e. not the restricted XML Starter Kit) is the approach to take if you need to test on the Advanced Server.
Cheers
Dave