Will record ISN change in Natural Adabas

Hi

Can the ISN of a record ever change if the record is never deleted. Other records on the file could be deleted or changed and the ISN reuse is ON. Is it then possible that the ISN of a record could ever change. For example ISN number 20. If records for previos ISN’s were deleted but nothing changed on ISN 20 - Will the ISN change with a REORDER?

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

Hi, Sorry , I was so eager to use this Forum that I forgot to say "thank you " at the end

Hi Mariaan,
no, ISNs will not change. A REORDER will also keep the ISNs.
ISNs will change if you unload and reload the data - unless you work with USERISN.
Regards
Lukas

Hallo Lukas

Thank you for the quick reply. I agree with your answer. That is also the result I could get from my investigation. I will share this with our team and we will put a comment in the file that it may not be unloaded or reloaded in future. Once again … thank you

If you want to keep the ISNs at unload/reload, use the USERISN option which is described in the documentation.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you !!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.