Why trading networks

Hi all
I have worked on webMethods b2bi.
Now a days i am hearing about trading networks.
Could anybody tell me what is trading networks and why
i should opt it?.
What benfits it adds to B2Bi?.

Thanks
Sreekanth Babu

TN adds an application layer on top of IS that handles the creation of “profiles” for each of your trading partners. So if one partner needs to receive data via http, another over https, and another over ftp, your code is not impacted. Your service can simply make a call to a single routing service that uses the info from the partner’s profile to determine protocol, url, authentication, etc.

It also adds a document querying mechanism that identifies each transaction (“document type” is how TN refers to it) and a set of “processing rules” for dynamically routing both inbound and outbound documents. This is very useful if you are support multiple document formats.

Hope this helps.
Theo

Hi
Thanks alot.
Can you tell me what is content based routing?.
And whether IS supports it?.

Thanks In Advance
Sreekanth

Content-based routing is a facility that determines what to do with a document based on the presence or absence of data or specific data values. For example, an XML doc might be routed to serviceX if the root tag is . Or an EDI doc might routed to serviceY if the sender is a specific value.

IS alone does not provide any facilities for content-based routing, though you can certainly build something. TN does all of its magic using content-based processing.

Contrast this to webMethods broker, which primarily routes based on message type and subscriptions. It can also do content-based routing using filters–a filter specifies an expression that is evaluated to determine if a subscriber is to receive a particular message. It can also do direct delivery, instead of subscription-based delivery, if the sender specifies a receiver.

HTH.

One thing I would like to clarify in Rob’s post: IS can do content based routing using it’s queryDocument faciltiy. But unlike TN you have to code it. This is the basis for TN’s content based routing, btw.

That was my intent with:

“IS alone does not provide any facilities for content-based routing, though you can certainly build something.”

Perhaps it wasn’t clear though, so thanks for the help Theo.