When Im trying to deploy a package with publisher it is always loading and never finishes

Hello,
Im using Publishing option to deploy services, and sometimes when I try to deploy from one server to another, takes a lot of time loading, and never finishes… if I refresh the page and and I try to do the same installation I got an error like this : Package xxxxxxx is locked. Package is probably in process of loading. And to solve that I need to restart the IS.

Could you help me? I used to use deployer to do this activity but in my project they want to use publisher.

This is webMethods 8.2

Hi Rocio,

is there anything special with this package?
Any dependent packages?

One thing to check is the jvm memory consumption

You can try the following:
restart IS before installing the published package.

Using Deployer might result in the same issue during reloading of the updated package.

Regards,
Holger

Hello,
No, it is an independent package, actually I cant delete it, or install a new version because it is the same thing, it is loading per hours and hours and never finishes.

I tried restart the IS before install it and it is the same problem

Hi Rocio,

are there any entries in the error.log or server.log during or after loading resp. restarting the IS w.r.t. the package?

Please check if there might be a namespace collision (i.e. service with same name in another package).
Please note that the package name ist not part of the services namespace name.

Regards,
Holger

I have deleted the package, I installed the backup… and now I am getting a meesage like
IS/package/manifest.v3
when I try to install a new patch there

and then if I check the files in IS/package is empty

Hi Rocio,

what is the exact error message?

Is there a manifest.v3 file in the root of package?

Regards,
Holger

the error message is just this
/webMethods/IntegrationServer/PSMRP/manifest.v3

I got it when I tried to install a new patch in the PSMRP package, if I check the files of that PSMRP folder in webMethods/IntegrationServer/packages/PSMRP is empty, there is no manifest.v3 file.

then I had to delete with “safe delete” option the package, and restart the IS, then if I install again the PSMRP backup, and check the files I see them, and also manifest.v3…
but if I tried to install the new patch I got the error

Hi Rocio,

sounds like your patch file is corrupt.

Can you verify this?

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger
This is the same with all the packages, if I try to delete them it keeps loading and loading and never ends :frowning:

Hi Rocio,

Is Integration Server version of source and target same?

Can you share the details of manifest.v3 file of a particular package from source and target server?

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Does the package have a startup service associated with it? Perhaps the startup service is taking too long to complete.

Percio

1 Like