When I try to install ESB from installer,it's gives error by saying an expected error has occured,unfortunatly SoftwareAG installer is not able to recover

webMethods installer 10.11

using free trial version and downloaded from SAG site

I’m trying to install SoftwareAG product in my local system…

@jyoti.hallad Could you please check and let us know the details for this error in the file installLog.txt?

Thanks,
Sree

1 Like

Hi SreeKanth,
Thanks for your reply,
As Im new user,it is not allowing me to upload file so just took screeshot and attached in.

Regards,
Jyoti

Hi Jyoti,
A couple of things,

1. Please confirm that you have permissions to install software on your machine.
  2. in the attached screenshot , there are no errors visible.
    In the installLog.txt , look for the string APP_ERROR, as you see in the first couple of lines “TO FIND PRODUCT ERROR MESSAGE, SEARCH FOR THE STRING APP_ERROR>” ,

-NP

Hi Nagendra,
Thanks for the reply.
1.I confirm that I have administrator access to my system.
2.and APP_ERROR from installlog.txt says : error APP_ERROR> Installer: An unexpected error occurred. Unfortunately Software AG Installer is not able to recover.

Thanks,
Jyoti

Hi Jyoti,
A few options you can try

1. Retry the installation at a different location
  2. Confirm that the installer was downloaded successfully and there is no problem with the installer itself. (re download if necessary
  3. Check if the OS you are installing is supported. - System Requirements
    There is a question webMethod 10.11 Free Trial Version - #9 by Kumar_Saurav2 where installation on Windows 11 had the same problem.
  4. When the error occurs, you can check if there is a stacktrace.

-NP

Hi Nagendra,
THanks for the reply,
1.I tried to install in dofferent location,no use
2. I tried to re download and do installation agian,No help,Even my teamamtes who are trying to install there are also seeing same issue
3.checked OS- its Windows10
4.when errro occurs i can able to see install logs.

Regards,
Jyoti

Hi Jyoti,
Very unfortunate that it hasn’t yet worked for you with various tries, could you please share the location or link from where you downloaded this installer also provide a list of all the products you are trying to install (selection on the install tree). Can you also see if you have an option to raise a support ticket for this?
Thanks,
Sree

Hi Jyoti,

I’m sorry to hear you have a problem with the installation.

I was able to complete the installation earlier following this guide
Guide to Downloading and installing the webMethods Free Trial Version? There is also a video tutorial here How to install webMethods Integration Free Trial - YouTube.

Can you please try following the installation steps from the guide? If it’s not working again please share more details as Sreekanth suggested above.

Thanks,
Mariela

1 Like

Hi Sreekanth,
I have attached screenshot from where I have downloaded --t I have downloaded the installer, imagefile and license keys as well.
I dont have option to create Support ticket as my empower access is not granted yet.

Note: we tried in multiple machines all 4 of us getting same error

Thanks or your reply Mariela,
I have tried with same instruction you mentioned,it is some issue with Installer.

Hi @jyoti.hallad

I tried from the above link and it worked for me, could you please check with your company if it needs any specific permission, firewall restrictions, VPN access, admin rights?
If not, you could wait a week or two and try again?

Thanks,
Sree

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.