Software AG’s Digital Business Platform powers digital transformation and enables any organization to become a Digital Enterprise. The webMethods Product Suite, a core component of the Digital Business Platform, helps you achieve this transformation. Release 10.3 of the webMethods Product Suite provides significant enhancements in every functional area of the suite.
- Integration Server allows developers to develop REST APIs that adhere to the JSON API standard.
- Integration Server has the ability to expose a REST API descriptor in Swagger format.
- Software AG provides a sample Kubernetes customizable script for Integration Server which allows users to create Integration Server pods and orchestrate those using Kubernetes.
- The Service Development perspective in Software AG Designer provides a separate view for displaying on-premises recipes and browsing recipes stored in the Integration Cloud recipe store.
- Software AG Designer Service Development provides the ability to connect and deploy custom packages and configuration assets to Integration Cloud.
- Integration Server Administrator is now WCAG compliant.
- Integration Server, in conjunction with Designer, supports a try-catch-finally flow construct in webMethdos flow language.
- Integration Server, in conjunction with Universal Messaging, supports the ordered delivery of messages by webMethods messaging triggers.
- ActiveTransfer Agent supports error handing in case of event failures. It supports certificate-based authentication for agents communicating between Active Transfer Server and Active Transfer agent.
- Active Transfer has a new User Interface that supports listeners, gateways, users, roles, groups, templates, and folders.
- There has been a reduction in ActiveTransfer Agent installation footprint to 450 MB.
- Trading Networks has an API Gateway usage monitoring feature that provides administrators the ability to view and monitor API invocations of trading partners.
- CloudStreams connector services supports the ability to dynamically provide authentication details during service execution.
- CloudStreams framework now supports inbound streaming at the connector level and supports creation of Docker image for a Micro-Services Runtime which can be used across multiple environments.
- Microservices Runtime (MSR) supports the ability to externalize MSR configuration for Docker containers. It supports a health check pattern that is used to determine the overall health of the Docker container. It supports a “/metrics” endpoint which provides the current MSR metrics in a Prometheus format.
We launched API Microgateway with this release. It is a standalone, independent product with the capability to federate with API Gateway. Microgateway supports micro-services and service mesh architectures offering independent and sidecar deployments.
- API Gateway now allows configuring multiple authorization servers that can be active concurrently. API Gateway also supports external OAuth2 authorization servers that do not allow dynamic client registration.
- API Gateway implements the relying party role in OpenID Connect authorization flow.
- API Gateway allows including custom claims in generated JWTs and it supports all JWT claim types.
- The first release of API Microgateway comes with a self-contained Java application flavor with options to generate Docker images for independent and sidecar deployment.
- You can provision Microgateway using a command line utility and provide configuration options by either reading it from a running API Gateway instance or reading it from an API Gateway archive.
- API Portal comes with two new, additional customization themes built solely using API Portal customization features and it has the capability to set up and use multiple LDAP configurations.
This release includes Dynamic Business Orchestrator Process and Case integration amongst other exciting features such as the launch of Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Robotic Process Discovery is a proprietary, AI-based platform that identifies business processes as they run, correlates all variations, and makes recommendations for enhanced efficiency via automation.
- The process-to-case integration scenario is supported by the new Dynamic Business Orchestrator (DBO) engine. DBO calls the case in-proc mode. At design time, you can define a user task as either a webMethods task, or a case.
- The AgileApps Runtime UI is refreshed using the Angular technology and is in sync with the other products of the Software AG suite.
- Task Engine is decoupled from My webMethods Server and resides in Integration Server.
- Business Console is enhanced to adopt Task Engine instances, running on Integration Server.
- Dynamic Business Orchestrator supports the migration of classic Process Engine 9.x models to Dynamic Business Orchestrator 10.x models.
- Dynamic Business Orchestrator and Task Engine communicate in-proc.
- Robotic Process Discovery can collect data on user actions and workflows with silent discovery robots, automatically identify which robotic processes to automate and directly create the respective wizards in RPA Studio.
- The new Workflow View provides a view of the overall flow of wizards along with all the details including the actions taken in each step, logical operations (such as Loop and If/Else), and Fallbacks.
- The webMethods Suite includes enhancements that improve functionality across multiple products.
- webMethods 10.3 ships with the Azul Zulu JDK 8. Software AG products for this release are only tested and supported with this shipped version of JDK.
- webMethods products are now compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines to strengthen and unify data protection for our users.
- Software AG Command Central provides a single executable file for its Windows bootstrap installer.
- The modern hierarchical Jobs view in Command Central has been improved to provide all of the useful capabilities of the older view.
- To ease the product license distribution through Command Central, license keys can now be embedded in the License Manifests.
- Software AG Command Central connects automatically to a Universal Messaging server that listens only on an nhps or nsps interface.
- MashZone NextGen supports enterprises needing to deliver dashboards to users in multiple languages, substantially reducing the maintenance cost of multi-lingual MashZone NextGen deployments.
For further details, please refer to the webMethods 10.3 Release Notes at http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/webmethods/.links/documentation-webmethods96
webMethods Cloud Deployment Release
Developing new integrations in the cloud is easy to do with web-based visual drag-and-drop tools, but these don’t always offer the full range of integration, debugging and testing capabilities needed by professional developers. webMethods Cloud Deployment offers the ability to develop in Designer, a rich and full-featured professional environment, and deploy on demand into Software AG’s Integration Cloud. Choose from predefined cloud solution landscapes and select new or existing capabilities to deploy. Software AG does the landscape provisioning, deployment of integrations, fix management, patches, and upgrades, and CI/CD support in the cloud. It provides out-of-the-box monitoring dashboards to track solution health and Flow service behavior as well as alerts.
- Cloud Deployment enables professional developers to have a direct path to deploying their integrations to a multi-function, multi-cloud iPaaS. Here is what it allows you do to:
Develop new integrations, APIs and business logic in Designer, and then deploy them to Integration Cloud
- Select from a predefined deployment landscape which is automatically provisioned with the selected integration packages, APIs, and business logic
- Choose number and type of servers to meet desired performance and scalability goals
- Deploy existing integrations and APIs from Designer to a cloud-based landscape
- Integrate with on-premises resources by using a VPN tunnel for secure transmission of data
- Manage application staging and migration in the cloud by selecting deployed assets and pulling them from one stage to another
- Monitor the deployed landscape infrastructure with built-in KPI-based dashboards
- Monitor flows with built-in flow dashboards
- Be alerted when system health is suboptimal
- Access collected Prometheus-based monitoring KPIs via a REST endpoint
- Increase business agility by combining powerful developer tooling with a fully managed SaaS platform
For more details, check out https://www.softwareag.com/corporate/products/webmethods_integration/cloud_integration/default.html
webMethods Integration Cloud
The webMethods Integration Cloud is the foundational bedrock for any organization’s digital transformation strategy. Our high-productivity enterprise iPaaS is optimized for integration project teams comprised of citizen integrators and developers alike. With governance capabilities for: admin, security and control, the Integration Cloud is ideal for your mission critical deployments.
- Integration Cloud equips organizations with a platform for:
- Building, managing, testing and monitoring integration projects across cloud-to-cloud or cloud-to-on premises environments (hybrid connectivity).
- Connecting mobile apps, cloud services, and devices/things via pre-built integration recipes.
- Orchestrating the movement and transformation of data via a clean block-like interface for development.
- Deploying integration projects across stages and lifecycle management capabilities.
- The latest release of Integration Cloud brings new and improved capabilities in the areas of:
- Debugging – step through each step in your integration workflow and inspect the pipeline at each stage.
- Improved ACL features for fine grade authentication and authorization of your integration services
- 2-way SSL capabilities for securing inbound APIs into Integration Cloud
- New user management APIs to control your WMIC tenant users
- Additional connector enhancements and new connectors.
For more details, check out the link below or review the readme for what’s new.
B2B Cloud Release
With webMethods B2B Cloud, built on the industry-leading webMethods Trading Networks, you can transmit business documents—like purchase orders, invoices and shipping notices—electronically with customers, distributors and trading partners without any hardware investment, maintenance or upgrades.
Software AG’s webMethods B2B Cloud is a consumption-based B2B document translation and transmission service that makes it easy to set up flexible and reliable partner communications. As a pure Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, you can forget about costly and time-consuming hardware and infrastructure investments, implementation and operations. Here is what it allows you do to:
- Real-time electronic document exchange over HTTP
- Integrate B2B documents directly with your back-end systems for fast processing
- B2B Document exchange of EDI (ANSI X12) plus AS2 docs (more coming soon)
- Secure transmission and translation for Advanced Shipping Notices (ASN), invoices, purchase orders, proof-of-delivery, quotes and more
- Centrally manage important partner details, like contacts
- Send any number of documents and grow to connect any number of partners
- Greater control with end-to-end visibility of your partner network
- Peace of mind—count on the reliable connectivity of webMethods, the industry-leading hybrid integration platform
For more details, check out http://www.softwareag.com/b2b