The 10.0 release is Software AG’s first Innovation Release. This new type of release is intended for customers who want to get their hands on new features and capabilities as quickly as possible.
However, it is not intended for long-term production use, as we only provide fixes for the first six months, and support for the first 12 months. Customers who adopt this release will be required to migrate to the next standard release within 12 months. webMethods, Apama, Terracotta, Universal Messaging, MashZone NextGen and some Adabas & Natural products are included in the Innovation Release. For ARIS, Alfabet and some Adabas & Natural products, this is a Standard Release with a normal support cycle.
|Issue 2, 2017||Download PDF|
To learn more about the Innovation Release and what it means for you, watch this nine-minute video and read this FAQ.
Alfabet 10.0 release
Software AG is pleased to announce Alfabet 10 for IT planning, portfolio management and Enterprise Architecture (EA). Ensuring smart investment to free up budget for innovation, moving forward aggressively on strategy and making IT agile for faster solution delivery—three tenets of Alfabet’s product development—are reflected in this release’s new features.
Alfabet’s strategic project portfolio planning and management is now complemented with tactical and operational project management capabilities. Further, the Internet of Things (IoT) era is driving the need to understand the relationships and interdependencies between logical and physical systems in all their particularities. Several new features in 10.0 lay the foundation for IoT planning and at the same time enable compliance with new data protection regulations that demand greater insight into and control over information movement.
Here are the highlights of Alfabet:
Operational project management
Ensure project execution is closely tied to project investment decisions using tactical and operational project planning and management capabilities. Allocate budget and resources at a task level, monitor changes to original project plans and assess the impact of alterations to those plans.
Completing the full bi-directional integration with ServiceNow, relate data from Alfabet about applications and their business context, technologies, standards and planned changes to ServiceNow for a better understanding of the change impact on business, better control of IT standards and a basis for change operationalization.
API planning and management
Define, plan, manage and clearly communicate APIs as part of your technical services portfolio to better manage the complexity of integrated applications inherent with digitalization. Support faster IoT solution development with API lifecycle management and versioning.
Technical infrastructure planning and management
Plan and manage technical networks as part of your technology architecture and application deployment strategy to achieve architectural efficiencies, strengthen application security and build a foundation for IoT solution development.
Deployment information flows
Capture and visualize information flows between application deployments to better understand the physicality of data flows, e.g., variances in APIs among different physical instances of the same logical application or exactly where data is destined to be processed and moved to.
ARIS/Alfabet interoperability enhancements
Achieve greater insight into the process/system dependency by connecting from each entity (mandate) of your organization in Alfabet to its specific ARIS database instance.
Business process versioning
Specify versions of business processes and designate these to their enabling business supports to better understand process usage, plan process roll outs and contain risk. Optionally use this with ARIS for even greater comprehension of the implications of process change.
Query-based report icons
Design more informative reports with the ability to place objects represented by icon images on cluster and matrix maps.
Apama 10.0 release
Software AG’s Apama Streaming Analytics is the market-leading platform for streaming analytics and intelligent automated action on fast-moving big data. Highlights at a glance:
- New connectivity plug-ins for Kafka™, MQTT, HTTP/S transports and a codec for handling JSON™ data
HTTP REST monitoring of connectivity plug-ins (as well as for correlators and other servers)
- Apama queries patterns can be created more easily using the new “OR” operator (e.g., search for a temperature alert OR a vibration alert within a short time window)
- Managing multiple Apama queries is simplified by linking queries together
- Apama and Software AG’s Digital Event Services now utilize reliable messaging, allowing robust connections with webMethods Integration Server
- Predictive analytics models can now use the latest PMML 4.3 standard and can be deployed over the wire
Apama Community Edition now has a number of new developer-focused blog posts and tutorial videos
- Capital markets adapters upgraded and enhanced for Bank of America®, CME iLink and Currenex®
Release notes are at:
ARIS 10.0 release
The new ARIS 10 brings you all the tools you need to manage your digital future. It introduces completely new products as well as new features, modeling conventions, and many technical and usability improvements.
Highlights at a glance:
ARIS Aware, a new product, introduces visual analytics, giving fast insights on a dashboard. ARIS Aware comes with out-of-the- box use cases and provides innovative, context-sensitive and story-telling visualization of KPIs and data analysis seamlessly and fully integrated in ARIS Connect.
- Process performance and mining will be a major focus of ARIS Process Performance Manager (PPM), featuring enhanced visualization, and is well integrated with other ARIS components. Together with ARIS Aware, ARIS PPM can fully utilize its analysis functionalities to provide actual measured KPIs side-by-side with your documented to-be processes.
- ARIS Connect will feature extensive UI improvements, numerous personalization features, as well as enhancements around collaboration and reporting.
On the methods side, ARIS 10 brings many new model types and methodologies:
- Supporting IoT design for planning and analysis of IoT scenarios including sensors and intelligent objects, Decision Model and Notation (DMN) for better modeling of decision processes as well as the support of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance coming into effect as of May 25, 2018
ARIS for SAP® Solutions offers extended support to SAP® Solution Manager 7.2, including test design for best-in-class SAP solutions—clearly a big differentiator for ARIS versus the competition
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management now benefits from enhanced reporting and usability features with a complete offering available in the cloud
- The integration of ARIS within Software AG’s Digital Business Platform remains a strategic focus, key for successful and integrated business and IT transformation
For more information please see:
ARIS 10 features overview fact sheet
MashZone NextGen Business Analytics 10.0 release
MashZone NextGen 10 introduces significant new visual data analytics capabilities to the Digital Business Platform. The 10.0 release brings exciting new enhancements in the areas of dashboard creation and visual analysis, including:
- Persona-based UX with dashboard creation focused on business analyst and visual analytics focused on data scientists
- Responsive design for desktop browsers for dashboards
- Various visualization enhancements including legends and chart/widget-based styling for dashboard creation and analysis thumbnails, zoom, partitioning and pattern highlighting, and trend lines support for visual analytics
- Performance improvements and support for Digital Event Services
- Support for external execution engines for visual analytics
Release notes are available on: Business analytics documentation Visual analytics documentation
Terracotta BigMemory 4.3.4 release
Terracotta BigMemory is a distributed in-memory data management platform with extremely low, predictable latency at any scale. It is the simplest, most cost-effective way to get ultra- fast, predictable access to data. Terracotta BigMemory version 4.3.4 resolved number of open issues – see release notes.
Check the Terracotta documentation to find more information.
Universal Messaging 10.0 Release
Universal Messaging is a high-performance, multi-protocol messaging platform designed to provide fast, guaranteed message delivery across all mainstream enterprise, web and IoT end platforms. Here at the highlights:
- Command Central can now be used to monitor messages in durable subscribers. The web interface now also allows monitoring of the master\slave runtime status for clusters, configuration of access control lists controlling which users can perform specific actions on the server and configuration of Java® system properties
- Servers can restrict incoming messages from specific clients to better handle low memory situations and improve server robustness
- JNDI assets can now be stored in existing (non-Universal Messaging) JNDI providers
- Cluster side-by-side upgrades are easier to manage with the migration utilities now able to migrate cluster configuration to machines that are different from the original cluster
- New utility helps when migrating webMethods Broker gateways configurations to Universal Messaging
- Shared durables re-architected to improve efficiency and robustness
- Configuration using Enterprise Manager is simplified and made less prone to errors by hiding advanced options
Release notes are at:
Universal Messaging documentation
Software AG Device Integration Platform 10.0
Software AG’s Device Integration Platform handles device connectivity, integration and management and is part of Software AG's IoT Hub. It is based on the Cumulocity platform, which was recently acquired by Software AG. The platform offers the most complete feature set, most flexible deployment options, supporting global cloud, on-premises, edge and multi-layered hybrid models, all based on an open environment with free trials, public APIs and free developer resources.
- Cloud remote access – Allows technical support staff to securely view and interact with the Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Smart REST editor – Developers can configure the mapping of DIP’s open data efficient SmartREST payload using a code-less drag-and-drop approach
- LPWAN Integration – Pre-integrated connectors for SigFox and LoRa; support for NarrowBand IoT (NB-IoT) (3GPP) technology coming
- Microservices architecture – Supports a microservices architecture and enables developers to add functionality to the middleware
Device management improvements
- OPC® UA – You can now manage OPC UA devices from Device Integration Platform, in a similar manner as MODBUS® or CAN devices
- Simulator improvements – The simulator can simulate various device types and the data values send by the device
Connectivity plug-in improvements
- Support for measurements and alarms on the outbound side
- Support for email and SMS
- Replacement of the existing Smart rules engine with Apama Streaming Analytics
- Apama Streaming Analytics runs in a microservices architecture
If you have questions regarding the Software AG Device Integration Platform, please contact us
Software AG Digital Event Services 10.0 release
Software AG Digital Event Services (DES) is the new mechanism for event-based integration between Software AG products. The 10.0 release adds out-of-the-box support for digital events for more products. Highlights include:
- Adoption by MashZone NextGen Business Analytics
- Adoption by webMethods Event Persistence
- Performance improvements and extended support for reliable communication
webMethods 10.0 release
Software AG’s Digital Business Platform powers digital transformation and enables any organization to become a Digital Enterprise. The webMethods Product Suite, a core component of the Digital Business Platform, helps you to achieve this transformation.
The webMethods suite includes a broad collection of capabilities including application and partner integration, API management, agile process development, master data management and operational intelligence.
With webMethods you have an extensible, scalable and reliable backbone—running either in the cloud, on-premises or in hybrid scenarios—providing seamless integration for cloud, mobile, APIs, and Internet of Things, and streamlining process management and agile application development.
webMethods 10 provides significant enhancements in every functional area of the suite:
Software AG is now offering a lightweight container, called the microservices container to host microservices. This is fully compatible with the Integration Server and can host all services developed on the Integration Server. This release also includes support for a mapping service as a first-class citizen, Digital Event Services for event-based integration, the ability to get and set HTTP request and response headers, HTTP PATCH support and enhanced REST Resource configuration, and the ability to specify file transfer access rights for MWS roles and HTTP based outbound transfers in webMethods ActiveTransfer Transfer. Application Platform allows creation of Java Service Skeletons, based on Integration Server specifications, and also lets users leverage an exact set of public APIs. Also, Terracotta is now available as an additional option for metadata caching when clustering is enabled for webMethods OneData.
webMethods API Gateway is a solution that combines webMethods Enterprise Gateway and webMethods Mediator capabilities in a single product. API Gateway offers the same capabilities within a simplified architecture and removes the dependency on CentraSite for policy definition. Also, for all the functions, API Gateway provides a new, dedicated, web-based user interface to perform API-related tasks, from creating an API, defining a policy, to publishing the API-to-API Portal. API Gateway now features a scoping mechanism, and API definition and configuration screens now enable REST enablement of SOAP APIs. API Gateway supports all OAuth grants and offers XML Threat protection and JSON Threat protection policies. API Portal lets you generate and download a client SDK for REST APIs and its analytics dashboards have been restructured and enhanced.
CentraSite supports versioning of APIs.
Tight integration between Process Engine and AgileApps allows for the invocation of an AgileApps case from a BPM process. This release also enables users to leverage AgileApps forms’ metadata and generate a working OpenCAF project with gadgets that you can customize and deploy to the Business Console. Rules Management console is now available as a customizable gadget in Business console. Additionally, this release includes added functionality to use Integration Server REST API descriptors to generate user interfaces for Business Console gadgets. AgileApps now has a mass view print feature and ability to add digital signatures. Task Engine supports out-of-the-box HPTSRA implementation for task searches in Business Console. And My webMethods Server can be configured to send push notifications to Business Console users on mobile devices.
Optimize for Infrastructure supports monitoring and proper reporting of Universal Messaging queues and monitoring of Digital Event Services. Optimize for Infrastructure, along with the Analytic Engine and the Web Service Data Collector, can now be configured via Command Central. Command Central enables automation and centralization of configurations, provides a common representation of configuration and simpler navigation, making it possible to compare configurations, and enables easier management of large installations.
Integration Cloud now offers a “Recipe” store in the cloud. The Recipe store has numerous out-of-the-box recipes that can be downloaded by the tenant and customized as per needs. Integration Cloud offers a new monitoring user interface for monitoring cloud transactions. Integration Cloud now offer enhanced connectivity to Marketo® and an out-of-the-box Marketo – SAP Cloud for Customer integration recipe. Integration Cloud offers support for Universal Messaging as a cloud service.
Command Central ensures Integration Server and My webMethods Server instance creation with the latest fixes. When you install products from Software AG Command Central Bootstrappers using the Software Download Center, Software AG Update Manager is automatically installed in managed installations. The footprint of the standalone installation of Software AG Update Manager is drastically reduced. The logs of Platform Manager are streamlined and simplified. Command Central can now be used to browse individual messages in durable subscribers in a Universal Messaging server instance.
A new utility helps ease the migration of Broker territories and gateways.
For further details, please refer to the webMethods 10.0 Release Notes.