What is different between PUBLISH and Add to UDDI in Designer 8.x / 9.x?

In Designer, we have two options to publish assets to Centrasite. Publish & Add to UDDI.

What is the different between those two?

Can I directly add an asset type of “IS Package” from Centrasite UI?

Hi Nilesh,
normally, webMethods artifacts like IS packages or process models are published to CentraSite from Designer, our branded Eclipse workbench. Via UDDI, you can only register services to CentrSite or search for them. You also do not get all meta-data through, so please “publish” whenever possible.
Regards,
Gerald

1 Like

Publish and Retract are Generic for all IS elements like
• .NET service
• Adapter connection
• Adapter notification
• Adapter service IS service
• Blaze rule service IS service
• Broker connection
• Broker/local trigger
• C service IS service
• Document type
• Flat file dictionary
• Flat file schema
• Flow service
• Integration Server
• Java service IS service
• JMS connection alias
• JMS trigger
• Package
• REST resource
• Schema
• Specification
• TN document type
• Web service connector
• Web service descriptor
• XSLT service

Additionally you have one more option in designer to publish to centrasite for wsd - i.e when you right click on a webservice descriptor …

Eventually both creates an Asset in centrasite… Each IS asset has corresponding Centrasite Asset mapped.

If you have invoke a WS from defined policies then the Service published as asset should be virtualized

Gerald,

What is needed (plugins, etc) for Designer and CentraSite interoperability?

Regards,
Ray

Hi Raymond,
you need to install the CentraSite and Service Development plug-ins for Designer.
Regards,
Gerald

Gerald,

Are the plugins full featured - of course, up to the level of the utilized CentraSite (CE vs Full)?

Regards,
Ray

Hi Raymond,
we have defined different roles and determined that a typically developer uses Eclipse so not all functionality is there, e.g. creating new Asset Types, defining runtime targets, deploying virtual services. However, since these are all features of the Active SOA version and switched off in CE, you will not be able to use them in the browser bases Control anyway. Otherwise, the plug-ins are full featured.
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the information.

Now the hard question… how does one now build flows utilizing services from CentraSite? In the designer tool, I can see a CentraSite perspective and a Service Development perspective. I cannot seem to reference, drag/drop, copy/paste services from CentraSite into the Service Development area…

I am not much of a wM developer (and first time in 9.5 tool), so am I missing something simple?

Regards,
Ray

Hi Raymond,

normally, CentraSite and Integration Server serve different roles:

• Integration Server contains service implementations
  • CentraSite contains the description of service implementations, so-called Meta Data

So you can publish the meta data regarding the implemented services into CentraSite. And if you design a process using webMethods BPMS you can via drag-and-drop a service from CentraSite to the BPMS perspective in order to create an automated process step. During runtime, the service implementation will be called for this step.

Regards,
Gerald

Once again, Thank you Gerald.

This is what I was expecting, but I appear to be unable to execute the drag/drop. Is this due to utilization of the CentraSite CE version? or something else?

Regards,
Ray

Hi Raymond,
you need a few Designer plug-ins, see attachment and a running Integration Server (IS) and CentraSite. You can then create a Business Process and drag & drop a web service described by a WSDL from the CentraSite Perspective to the Business Process. It will create an intermediate IS service, see attachment.
Regards,
Gerald

1 Like

Thank you Gerald…

Looks like I need some plug-ins…