webMethods (wM8.2) installation on Red Hat Linux Server

Dear All,
I have to install wM8.2 image on Red Hat Linux server. The below components i have to use as part of it.

Integration Server
                         Broker
                         JMS
                         My WebMethods Server
                         Developer
                         JDBC Adapter
                         Deployer
                         Update Manager

Now to install webMethods product stack tables, i have to use dbConfigurator.sh script with the syntax as below :

./dbConfigurator.sh -a create -c -v latest -d sqlserver -l ‘jdbc:wm:sqlserver://:;databaseName=’ -u -p

Kindly help to know the below details:
1.what all database components do i need to install
2.is there any option to install required components ( like ISCoreAudit,ISArchieve,…) at a time.
3. Syntax to install all components at a time.

Red Hat Linux server has enough RAM & Hard disk. Kindly suggest me any other precautions before, while and after installation. Thanks a lot for your help always.

Thanks,
RP.

Hi All,

I am using SQL MS SQL Server as db server. I came to know that we have “all” option to intall all DB compnnets while running dbConfigurator.sh script.

But don’t we get GUI window to use the DB Component configurator tool in Red Hat Linux server as part of wM8.2

Kindly help me to get more details on this.

Thanks,
RP

Try running dbConfiguratorUI.sh

And also you need to setup xming and enable x11 forwarding while using putty from a windows machine to connect to
Redhat linux.

http://www.no.embnet.org/guides/puttyandxming.pdf

Thanks Srinivas for your commetns.

I have gonethough the doc and understood that we have to install Xming s/w in our windows and do a little configuration in Putty. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,
RP

Hi,

Interesting topic which is really useful to all who do the installation on Linux/Unix flavors.

Kindly make sure prior to installation the below points:

1.JRE must exist before installation ( in Unix, you type ‘which java’ to know about it )
2.DB Schema on DataBase server must exist for Product stack tables to be created.
3.Try to install the image under /opt/SoftwareAg8 on Red Hat Linux and make sure it has all permissions ( chmod 777 /opt/SoftwareAg8 )
4.SAG installer writes product, version & build info. to an audit history log file names history.txt in SAG/install/history directory.

These are 2 cents.

Thanks,

webMethods Admins, kindly give your valuable inputs on this topic.

If you ask me, stick with creating the tables via the script even if the UI option is easily available (e.g. in Windows). Why? Because once you’re dealing with commands, you can easily add them to a script and transform your installation into a fully automated task. This is not only valuable from a productivity stand point but it greatly reduces the likelihood of errors or discrepancies across environments.

As far as what to install where, I typically create a database/schema for each product that is being installed, those being: BPM, IS, MWS, Optimize, and TN. So, in my databases, you will typically see these databases/schemas: wmbpm, wmis, wmmws, wmopt, and wmtn. Now that upgrades are officially supposed to be done side-by-side, I also started adding the version number to the end, e.g. wmbpm97, wmis97, etc. In addition to these product databases, I also create a database for the Archiving components and I name it wmarcXX, e.g. wmarc97.

You can then call the dbConfigurator script with the -pr option to install each product into their respective database.

Here’s a snippet extracted from a script that has been used in my current customer as part of a fully automated installation of the BPMS suite across 7 servers and multiple developer workstations:

dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d sqlserver -c storage -v latest -l jdbc:wm:sqlserver://wmdb;databaseName=master -u %DB_USER% -p %DB_PASS% -au %SA_USER% -ap %SA_PASS% -n wmopt
dbConfigurator.bat -a create -d sqlserver -pr OPTI -v latest -l jdbc:wm:sqlserver://wmdb;databaseName=wmopt -u %DB_USER% -p %DB_PASS%

Hope this helps,
Percio