webMethods Upgread from 6.5 to 8.0

[B]Hi All[/b]

We need to upgrade webMetods 6.5 to 8.0.
I have never done upgradation before.
Could you please suggest how to start or if anyone did this please share the experience.

Also it will be great help if you could share the documents regarding Upgrade of webMethods.

mail me @ maanacii@gmail.com

[I]Looking for help… :slight_smile:[/i]

Please go thorough the webMethods upgrade guide, it will answer most of your questions/doubts. Feel free to post in this thread if you stuck anywhere or have any specific question.

you can follow/review this upgrade guide for 8.x SAG site online link:

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuite8_ga/Cross_Product/8-x_webMethods_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

HTH,
RMG

Hey Thanks for the quick response.
Actually I have never done upgrade before.
So I am really looking for help with Estimation as well.(You might think this is very simple but for me its tough :slight_smile: )
Also we have one JDBC adapter and one File Polling Adapter in 4.6. Can we direct migrate it on 8.0?
Also what efforts will required if our MIS server will still run on 6.5 platform and IS is on 8.0.
Looking for help… :slight_smile:

You must to follow the upgrade guide steps for sure and estimate the work,it depends on how many wM components/Interfaces you are dealing with.We cannot just give rough estimation it may takes (weeks/Months) with your installed base esp old 4.6 → 8.x (it’s a big jump)

“Also we have one JDBC adapter and one File Polling Adapter in 4.6. Can we direct migrate it on 8.0?” → you need to install latest Adapters that comes with 8.0 (which you have licensed) and then migrate you JDBC Services/Flat File services (create file polling port via IS Admin Console page → Ports section) - WmFlatFile related.

HTH,
RMG

Hey Thanks for this. I am going through upgrade guide.
And sorry for the confusion. Currently we are using webmethods6.5 and want to upgrade to 8.0(Only two adapters are on 4.6 base).

The components which we are using in 6.5 are:-
IS (Total 11 IS-- 5 in one cluster and 6 are in other cluster)
MIS
JDBC Adapter (Ver 6.5)
MQ Adapter
DB Adapter
Developer
Broker
File Polling adapter(Ver 4.6)
One JDBC adapter(Ver 4.6)

We have around 50 interfaces.
While migrating the code do we need recoding for XML Schema/web Services?
Also we are thinking to put MIS on same platform(6.5) and IS will shift to 8.0.
In this case what will be the impact on code?

Thanks!!!

While migrating the code do we need recoding for XML Schema/web Services?

–>It should work intact…But do a thorough Regression Testing (DEV/QA)…

Also it seems you have a good amount of interfaces/components been used which could atleast 3-4 months of new Install/migration/framework code fixes per 6.5–>8.x functionality changes/enhanced services (SP’s/Fixes/DB layer/new Adapters versions per release) with thorough testing/compare results (pre,post) techniques.

HTH,
RMG