webMethods Nirvana (Universal Messaging) versus webMethods Broker

Fixed the issue!

Has any one tried to implement PUB-SUB MODEL using UM? Can you please share the details? What pre-requisite configuration should we make on UM and IS.

About pub-sub:

If you use native messaging with UM (available from 9.6) just make a document publishable as before and the necessary assets in UM will be automatically created. You use the services in pub.publish and webMethods Messaging triggers as before. One change: You can now change the messaging provider from default to another (if existing). This way you can use different UM realms for different messaging purposes.

If you want to go for JMS you need to create a topic and use it in the pub.jms:send and the jms trigger(s) listening to it. IS documents need to go as binary payload.

1 Like

Thanks… I will try it out today…

Martin,

I did try some stuff on UM. I was able to do a publish-subscribe model on UM.

Here are my questions?

1> On UM Enterprise Manager I see my publishable documents in wm/is/… under umserver, but where do I see my trigger?

2> I am still trying to explore the JMS functionality will keep you updated.

queues, topics and channels are the only assets on the UM server side. The triggers are client side, they are objects within the Integration Server. As the triggers (or any other clients) hook up to the channels, there are no other visible parts if them on the UM server side.

1 Like

Please see attached document to configure JMS in UM
Configuring Universal Messaging.doc (653 KB)

1 Like

Thanks SAI… I will set this up and contact you if i face any issues. :slight_smile:

Hello Experts,

Write now I am doing Active/Active clustering in universal messenger but I have one problem on this scenario in IS Connection alias pointing to one local realm(master),In case any abnormal situation master realm is went to offline.

In this situation connection alias is making some problem, it is not working with remaining clustering nodes.
Could you please suggest on this issue.and check attached error images

THANKS
Ram.

Hi

Please follow the below steps:

1. Run UM migration tool service pub.utils.messaging:migrateDocTypesTriggersToUM to make sure all the existing trigger filter conditions are migrated into UM format. Please refer Image for this service Inputs.
  2. Generate the report pass value ‘true’ to reportOnly field.
  3. update the trigger filter conditions with UM format, pass ‘false’ to reportOnly field.
  4. Sync all the publishable document types via Designer. File – Sync Document Types.

Thank you,
Abdullah P